Help!

My playbook crashed, and then I somehow got it to factory settings and then updated to get it fully functional. Previously I sideloaded using DDPB. However, my laptop recently died and on a new one, so don't have the old DDPB application I previously used.

I tried a DDPB from this forum and got java error, as I did from an other DDPB. Next I tried the google chrome plugin, and when I click on my device under the 'Manage your device' heading, it takes a while to load and then just get a message "This webpage is not available". I heard of a firefox plugin but couldn't find it.

I apologise if I am repeating anything in the forum, but could anyone tell me of a method of sideloading that they have recently used that works, that would be great!

Thanks in advance.
    06-26-14 07:32 AM
    Did you remember to turn on Developer Mode? Do you have the right IP address?
    fitraat likes this.
    06-26-14 11:04 AM
    Yep, get to development mode okay (via security etc) and double checked IP address.

Did you remember to turn on Developer Mode? Do you have the right IP address?
    06-26-14 11:37 AM
    Update your java (for DDPB- control panel/Java) and make sure your Playbook's ip address is correct in Chrome.
    fitraat likes this.
    06-26-14 11:49 AM
    Alternatively, there's the BB10/PlayBook app manager, which is an extension for Chrome.
    fitraat likes this.
    06-26-14 11:58 AM
    You can also use Sachesi. Works via USB

Posted via CB10
    fitraat likes this.
    06-26-14 12:22 PM
    Thanks for all the help! I uninstalled and re-installed Java (as Java was up to date) and I think this has done the trick for DDPB (but not for chrome). I shall bear Sachesi in mind for future.
    06-26-14 12:31 PM
    So I've never tried sideloading anything onto my Playbook before, but would like to give it a shot now that I've updated my desktop to be a dual boot Linux/Windows 8 system.

Any recommendations? I tried the BBHtool link in the sticky thread, but that link is broken.
    10-06-14 12:57 PM
    Update: I couldn't get DDPB to install on my Windows 8.1 machine. It says you have to have th net framework 4.0, which is built in to 8. So the .Net installer wont work but the DDPB installed won't instsll because it doesnt recog ize the built in .net framework. Compatibility mode did not help.

But sachisi installs .bar files just fine.

My experiences so far:

Tapatalk runs and loads but you cannot add any forums as it cannot connect to the server.

Evernote installs and runs but wont let you log in as it thinks you arent connected to the internet.

Kindle App works fine.

Dropbox works fine.
    10-06-14 04:58 PM
    I've used the Chrome plugin for a long time and never had an issue. As it is a plugin for chrome, it works in both windows and linux. I've connected to the playbook via USB and wifi under both OS's, so no issues there. For linux, I've tried it under Mint, Ubuntu and Elementary. All worked fine from my recollection. Got a new laptop this year and haven't loaded linux, so haven't tried anything more recent, but don't see why it shouldn't work.
    10-16-14 07:27 AM