Anyone else seeing this? Its upgrading to version 2.0 on my PB now (i think the previous version was 1.3)

I wonder what is new
    06-09-11 12:15 PM
    anything new like cars? did they fix what was it the evo? did they tune the viper to real world settings? please for the love of god fix the viper its not as fast off the line as a zonda!
    they need to add a mp3 player option so that you don't have to listen to that horrible music on there.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 12:40 PM
    I wonder what changed between 1.3 and 2.0, besides v2 being 52mb smaller in size.
    Just makes me wonder if NFS2.0 is missing things...
    06-09-11 12:51 PM
    Load times seem better, other then that didn't notice much difference.
    06-09-11 01:12 PM
    I wish they had new maps. Anyone else think the towns/worlds/race locations look awful? Maybe I'm just not deep enough into the game. (it looks fine graphically, but just like they did not put much thought into it). Eh, free game I guess.

06-09-11 01:22 PM
    I wish they had new maps. Anyone else think the towns/worlds/race locations look awful? Maybe I'm just not deep enough into the game. (it looks fine graphically, but just like they did not put much thought into it). Eh, free game I guess.

you do know ea is the maker of the game. show me a game they make that at the time would be considered the best graphics that with the best hardware out at the time looks the absolute best they can do. bf1942 heh css was out and much better graphics. bfv? nope splintercell napalmed that one. bf modern combat or what ever it was called? call of duty noob tubed them. bf2142? lol noo there were alot of games out then that were just so much better. personally if activision had teamed up with blackberry, it would have been a much better launch with cod on this. just think every playbook logging onto cod online servers at once . but that would have been cooler much cooler. nfs is to meh.
    06-09-11 04:32 PM
    I don't see that update yet.....
    06-09-11 04:38 PM
    I didn't / don't see it either. I tried doing a refresh and a few other things in app world and got it to the point where it locked up and when I tried to close it, the icon stayed grey. When I did a restart, it actually restarted twice and then in app world in my uninstalled apps I found it listed with 2.0. It's installing now so we'll see what happens.

Ohh yeah, I did go to : https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/40732/ after I removed it and tried to install it from there. After I logged in with my account it told me to use app world, and the version listed in my uninstalled area then read 2.0.

Hopefully it's downloading 2.0 and not 1.3..
    06-09-11 05:42 PM
    They changed the icon with adding a banner of HD
    06-09-11 06:27 PM
    I had beaten the entire game and bought most of the cars in the game. After the upgrade I launched the game and it took me to the intro video. Not to happy about it. Anyone have any ideas of how I could get my progress back?
    Last edited by mdsoc17; 06-09-11 at 08:08 PM.
    06-09-11 07:57 PM
    I've downloaded the update, have it installed. Haven't played it yet. Bored now, so I'll try it out and post anything I see different. I beat the previous version 3 times, so I'm hoping they added more races or I'm going to be disappointed in the update.

Update: From going to the race map, it's not any different so far. Looks like there have been no races added.

Update2: Doesn't seem like it has changed much at all.. I think it was just a couple bug fixes. I'll actually post again if there are any noticeable changes.
    Last edited by TechNerd.McLeod; 06-09-11 at 08:07 PM.
    06-09-11 08:01 PM
    I had beated the entire game and bought most of the cars in the game.
    Yeah right, me too. Darn now I cant show anyone how good I am
    06-09-11 08:06 PM
    The load times between races and screen changes are much faster. It retained my cars and levels completed. And it works with HDMI out. Other than that i don't see much new.
    06-09-11 08:11 PM
    Any word on if the Evo issue was fixed? I have all of the cars except the Evolution, and don't want to reinstall/replay it all should the problem not be resolved.
    06-09-11 08:17 PM
    The load times between races and screen changes are much faster. It retained my cars and levels completed. And it works with HDMI out. Other than that i don't see much new.
    well, the prior release worked with HDMI out. Just wanted to point that out. Glad to see speed improvements!
    nazreil25 likes this.
    06-09-11 09:04 PM
    you do know ea is the maker of the game. show me a game they make that at the time would be considered the best graphics that with the best hardware out at the time looks the absolute best they can do. bf1942 heh css was out and much better graphics. bfv? nope splintercell napalmed that one. bf modern combat or what ever it was called? call of duty noob tubed them. bf2142? lol noo there were alot of games out then that were just so much better. personally if activision had teamed up with blackberry, it would have been a much better launch with cod on this. just think every playbook logging onto cod online servers at once . but that would have been cooler much cooler. nfs is to meh.
    LOL. If the Playbook launched with CoD... Wow. I dont even know what to say, but Id probably buy multiple just to play with my friends.
    06-09-11 09:08 PM
    Just got the update! Finally lol
    06-09-11 10:47 PM
    I downloaded and installed 2.0. But when checking the "About" screen, at the end of the 13 pages of info, it still says the old version. In App World, it says I have version 2.0 installed, and even after I rebooted my PlayBook, it still says version 1.3whatever. Do you think they just didn't change the version number in the "About" info??
    06-10-11 01:54 AM
    LOL. If the Playbook launched with CoD... Wow. I dont even know what to say, but Id probably buy multiple just to play with my friends.
    then your friends would buy a couple more and so on and so fourth. see thats how you hook em. nfs doesn't have the draw that knife-ing someone has, you know blowing someone away with a sniper rifle is much more enjoyable on than on a race track. just think sitting in a coffee shop getting all excited when you get the next gun or gun upgrade or perk and yelling out things like "**** yeagh i pwned your *** noob!!!!". you would need to find a new coffee shop.
    06-10-11 05:29 AM
    I'll bet the changes are related to HDMI output. Any of you guys try it with HDMI out?
    06-10-11 08:19 AM
    Just tested NFS on my HD TV, sound is now piped through the HD cable rather than coming out of the PlayBook speakers.

Doesn't feel so stupid plugging it into the TV now

Pity that I've finished it though.
    06-10-11 08:22 AM
    OK I'm starting to think something is wrong with my PB, whenever I open NFS it's very choppy with a lot of rendering errors and barely plays right. I can't read some of the text and the opening sequence is a hot mess. I've taken a bunch of screen shots because of it. Are there any settings I should be using when playing NFS? I usually have wifi on and have tried at home connected to my wlan as well as at work in my ambulance with wifi off. Help?
    -bill
    06-10-11 05:07 PM
    Just tested NFS on my HD TV, sound is now piped through the HD cable rather than coming out of the PlayBook speakers.

Doesn't feel so stupid plugging it into the TV now

Pity that I've finished it though.
    Awesome, this is a fix that NEEDED to happen... i still for the life of me couldnt figure out why this this game that was meant to show off the playbook's hardware was the ONLY game that wouldnt pipe its music and sound effects to a tv via hdmi chord.
    06-12-11 02:46 PM
    Can anyone answer this question? How do you beat the gang leader in the $25k bounty mission... I cant seem to stay ahead of him even with a fully maxed out mazda or Chryser 300m.... Even when I get him into a wreck he always catches up.
    06-12-11 03:31 PM
    Can anyone answer this question? How do you beat the gang leader in the $25k bounty mission... I cant seem to stay ahead of him even with a fully maxed out mazda or Chryser 300m.... Even when I get him into a wreck he always catches up.
    You need a faster car....
    06-12-11 06:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD