would love to see a hide option too ...

After wiping my device to speed it up a little (after 2.1.0.840 update) and it worked but installing the apps back was a pain in the a**..
    i know i could have done a backup but i wanted a clean pb.

Hope they fix this in the future and maybe also add a feature to install all apps back you had installed before a wipe with desktop manager backup.
    09-06-12 06:03 AM
    I'm another supporter of permanently removing apps. My 4 yr old keeps re-installing unwanted apps and it's a pain having to delete them again.
    One game in particular was Shadowgun (or some similar name) which I installed because it was free. I deleted the game due to the violent content, but my daughter keeps re-installing it.
    11-23-12 09:03 AM
    I agree this needs to happen. I am not loosing sleep over it however, would be nice to just hold your finger on the icon and have it be removed forever!
    11-23-12 11:16 AM
    Delete of uninstalled apps was implemented for AppWorld on phones, so the mechanism exists, just not on AppWorld for PlayBooks yet.
    11-23-12 01:47 PM
    Could you please tell us phone users how to do this. I have a torch 9850 and haven't found a way to delete the uninstalled apps. There is the hide option.
    12-28-12 05:15 PM
    Could you please tell us phone users how to do this. I have a torch 9850 and haven't found a way to delete the uninstalled apps. There is the hide option.
    Sure. This is for BlackBerry phones, not the PlayBook...

1. Make sure you're running at least BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 (To check, Settings->Options/Device/Application Management)
    2. Launch "BlackBerry App World"
    3. Select "My World"
    4. Switch "Installed" at the top to "Uninstalled"
    5. Select the app you want to delete. If you accidentally go to the app's page, just use the "back" button to go back to the "Uninstalled" page.
    6. Use the BlackBerry button to bring up a menu
    7. Select "Delete" from the menu
    8. "Do you want to permanently delete <app> from My World? You will need to find it again in BlackBerry App World to reinstall it." Delete | Cancel
    9. Delete
    12-29-12 02:17 AM
    I found some old posts that say this is not possible. However, I really need to do this, and am hoping there is a work-around, given recent software updates for the Playbook.

When an application is deleted by the user, it goes to the uninstalled apps section of my world, so that you can reinstall without charge if you change your mind later.

However, you may have lots of free apps that were only used for a short try-out period (perhaps only a few minutes) before deleting that you want to permanently get rid of.

I'm willing to do a complete wipe and reinstall if necessary (although I've never done that before), but I think that since this is all tied to your blackberry ID that it wouldn't solve the problem.
    hi ron , theres only one way to delete them that change ur Blackberry app world ID with the new one go to option then choose blackberry ID then choose pencil icon then fill the new information data.
    12-29-12 07:20 PM
    hi ron , theres only one way to delete them that change ur Blackberry app world ID with the new one go to option then choose blackberry ID then choose pencil icon then fill the new information data.
    That is hardly a viable solution. With the next update to BlackBerry AppWorld for the BlackBerry PlayBook, probably with the release of BlackBerry OS 10 for the BlackBerry PlayBook, the permanent delete feature will be implemented. On the other hand, if the release is delayed we might get an updated BlackBerry AppWorld for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.1 in the interim. With Research In Motion you never what you expect or when to expect it...other than "soon."
    KermEd likes this.
    12-29-12 07:55 PM
    I too wanted to permantely delete an uninstalled app the only thing you can do is hide the app its silly what they have done but surely there's got to be a way I just hope that they change the system as loads of apps are building up and I want to get rid off it
    01-07-13 07:36 AM
    Who knows where I fell on this issue in the past but having just done a Security Wipe on my pb, I want some ability to either hide them in a 3rd category (Installed, UNinstalled, other) or kill them off and let Appworld keep its database so that if I do come back 6 months later, it would know I purchased it. But I've now been wading through the UNinstalled list for days, trying to find the "wheat from the chaff" and keep winding back up at the A's and starting the endless scroll over and over. What a PAIN!
    01-07-13 10:25 AM
    The only things I want to see in my list of deleted apps are things I deleted to save space or wait for patches that I will likely reinstall.
    01-16-13 08:59 PM
    I tried to see if the web site for App World allowed the functionality to delete things from the My World view, but every time I logged in, and chose My World, it took me back to the login page and didn't let me log in. I tried in two different browsers, so maybe it's just my account.

If someone else wants to try (and might have better luck), go to https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/?lang=en, login, and you can choose device (choose PlayBook) and then see if you can go into My World. It might not have the ability to delete, but it's worth a try if you can get any further than me.
    01-16-13 11:06 PM
    Hello all.

First off, I hate the fact that I cannot clean up the deleted apps too.

Now to the crux of the stupidity that I am seeing in this thread... Those of you who are responsible for the stupidity, at least drop your pride and accept that we all do it so I am not pointing the finger entirely at you, I own my dumb@$$Ness.

Playbook os IS BBX but for playbook, so it has to be a bit different because the size of the form factor.

Lastly, you cannot help me because I have OCD quite literally, due to my struggle with what is for the most part an under control Touret's syndrome. So I really obsess about certain things like when I do not have options to clean up MY playbook. I own it, give me control. No person on the planet would buy a car with no keys.

So when someone asks how to control whatever they own, stop being jerks and asking why and just answer as best you as you can leaving out the stupid responses of which I am outlining here. Please, it is no help at all.

As you can tell from my first post I am a super huge turkey (read sarcasm)!

Thanks to those of you who did answer the question without fuss.

Noel
    01-29-13 08:08 AM
    Hi,*

I appreciate what you wrote as real true users' way of thinking. Now, many people who come either from Apple, Microsoft, or else, will have to learn working with these very different ways of think-and-organise, for the sake of their preferred iPhones, Blueberry, &...*

So to my understanding, *this system here is still with some "needs"; *for it is common-sense, that one way for organised people to do a work is to GATHER first, and then SORT-OUT, each item for itself (also SAFER, as avoiding extra-troubles by mistype, and so on...)*

It is ok to "transform" the DELETE-folder in an "uninstalled" folder: but then do WARN the customer that he can never TRULY delete on his Blackberry: would this not be fair?*

As for me, I think that the mind of having no way to FULLY-DELETE something in software stuff, is as acknowledging having NOT thought a system throughoutly: for who is so limited to pretend he has never need to undo/uninstall something; that at some time, there is need to resort/reorganise?!*
    So this lack may rather be an hindrance in future thinking for wide-adjusted solutions, isn't it?

Greetings. *
    03-03-13 10:40 AM
    It is ok to "transform" the DELETE-folder in an "uninstalled" folder: but then do WARN the customer that he can never TRULY delete on his Blackberry: would this not be fair?*
    The program is TRULY deleted. It's just the receipt for your purchase that remains on BW.

Hello all.

First off, I hate the fact that I cannot clean up the deleted apps too.

Now to the crux of the stupidity that I am seeing in this thread... Those of you who are responsible for the stupidity, at least drop your pride and accept that we all do it so I am not pointing the finger entirely at you, I own my dumb@$$Ness.

Playbook os IS BBX but for playbook, so it has to be a bit different because the size of the form factor.

Lastly, you cannot help me because I have OCD quite literally, due to my struggle with what is for the most part an under control Touret's syndrome. So I really obsess about certain things like when I do not have options to clean up MY playbook. I own it, give me control. No person on the planet would buy a car with no keys.

So when someone asks how to control whatever they own, stop being jerks and asking why and just answer as best you as you can leaving out the stupid responses of which I am outlining here. Please, it is no help at all.

As you can tell from my first post I am a super huge turkey (read sarcasm)!

Thanks to those of you who did answer the question without fuss.

Noel
    "those responsible for the stupidity" could be people on either side of this argument. Some people have spent more time complaining about this problem here than they've spent actually having to deal with the issue. Now it's causing you medical issues?

I don't think anyone has said that the ability to permanently remove an app from that list SHOULD NEVER BE added. It's about how people react to their options. In this case, there is no option (yet). What is a person going to do?

1) Throw a tantrum and DEMAND correction from people that have no control over the issue
    2) refrain from installing ANY apps because you may not like the app, may want to uninstall it but it will remain on a list that might require you to scroll past the app if you have to wipe your device and you use the Uninstalled list to reinstall apps.
    3) Not get all worked up because the ability will eventually arrive.
    03-03-13 02:06 PM
    Back when I first got my Playbook, I believe I read that if you connected your Playbook to Desktop Manager, then you would be able to permanently delete uninstalled apps from your Playbook. I've never tried it but I remember reading it here in Crackberry long ago. I'll try it when I get home from work and post my results.
    03-10-13 07:33 AM
    Well with the update to bb world there still is no option to peremantly delete uninstalled apps, but i suspect when BB10 is released for the playbook this featue will be there as it is for the Z10.
    03-10-13 08:03 AM
    I suppose if you've previously installed sexy cheerleaders plus (v1) and want to give the playbook to your daughter, you might not want that showing up in your app history.
    FF22 and nappp like this.
    03-16-13 07:19 AM
    Yeah! I'd like to get rid of some members of the uninstalled list, selectively - it only serves to remind me how much money I've wasted
    03-18-13 10:19 AM
    I view this lack of the option to permanently expunge certain entries right up there with Netflix not allowing the same with your view history. Sometimes I watched something shady (to a female or kids) and prefer it to be gone, but more often than not I simply just started watching something completely horrible, and in the case of Netflix, it uses that to weigh your suggestions. Now they think I like the crap that caused me to drop cable in the first place (the decay of Discovery networks, et al.)

In BB world, it doesn't affect anything like suggestions (that I know of), but I've installed plenty of craptastic applications that I chucked within minutes. A big fat warning about it permanently being gone is fair; if it's a paid app, say that you'd have to buy it again. Make the BBID be entered again before cleaning the selections, and toss in a checkbox saying that know what you're agreeing to and that you know what you're doing.

Yea, it's a first world problem --big deal-- but why not give the option? There are certainly far more pressing issues I'd rather see sorted, but this has always sort of annoyed me.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-13 11:00 AM
    id just say don't watch anything your wife wouldn't want you watching as for your kids there's netflix just for kids that filters out the bad stuff
    03-22-13 03:16 PM
    id just say don't watch anything your wife wouldn't want you watching as for your kids there's netflix just for kids that filters out the bad stuff
    I bet you enjoy that one more! No just kidding, LOL
    03-22-13 06:01 PM
    I bet you enjoy that one more! No just kidding, LOL
    oh the question of morals and ethics a d how I have them question answered
    03-22-13 07:40 PM
    Sure. This is for BlackBerry phones, not the PlayBook...

1. Make sure you're running at least BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 (To check, Settings->Options/Device/Application Management)
    2. Launch "BlackBerry App World"
    3. Select "My World"
    4. Switch "Installed" at the top to "Uninstalled"
    5. Select the app you want to delete. If you accidentally go to the app's page, just use the "back" button to go back to the "Uninstalled" page.
    6. Use the BlackBerry button to bring up a menu
    7. Select "Delete" from the menu
    8. "Do you want to permanently delete <app> from My World? You will need to find it again in BlackBerry App World to reinstall it." Delete | Cancel
    9. Delete
    This works on the Z10...really well...
    You OPEN BLACKBERRY WORLD
    Select ALL
    Then MY WORLD
    Then MY APPS AND GAMES
    Then AVAILABLE
    Then hold your thumb on the Icon you want to delete until it lights up AND a menu slides from right
    at the bottom is a "little beaver"? with an X ... hit the X and it is GONE, GONE GONE....

By the way..it will prompt you "do you want to permanently remove this from My World? You will need to find it again in Blackberry World to reinstall it"
    Otherwise it is:
    Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday
    Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang
    Gone like a '59 Cadillac
    Like all the good things that ain't never coming back
    03-31-13 09:43 AM
    Can someone explain why apps that are currently installed on my phone are listed in the uninstalled section of My World?
    04-01-13 12:07 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD