I have EStrong`s ES File Explorer on my android, which I noticed was in the 2.0 beta but sadly missing from the official OS2 release. I`m looking for something like this because I specifically need a file explorer app which can browse not only local files, but files on my LAN as well, like ES does. Anything (of quality) that does this?
    02-21-12 08:29 AM
    There are lots good reviews for LAN File Explorer. Did you try that? Buy LAN File Explorer - Download LAN File Explorer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-16-12 06:17 PM
    There are lots good reviews for LAN File Explorer.
    Sadly LAN file explorer needs additional software installing on the servers, making it less useful for those of us that need to browse things like NAS drives.

Ghost commander from the application store (android app) allows pretty excellent navigation of SMB/CIFS shares and is free, doesn't allow streaming of videos like LAN file explorer, though.
    03-16-12 06:36 PM
    Lan file explorer in my opinion is the best one so far available. Ghost Commander wouldn't open documents. It would show me some weird stuff when trying to open them. While language file explorer either opens them or asks to save them depends on the type of file.

Would like to see one that "streams" files directly from a network share regardless of file type.

Good luck
    03-16-12 07:34 PM
    sure wish LAN File Explorer's desktop software would would at all for me :/

Lesson learned, always test desktop software before purchasing app.

I'm not saying this is a common issue with the software, but it's an issue for me. Clearly something on my end I can't figure out
    03-16-12 07:38 PM
    sure wish LAN File Explorer's desktop software would would at all for me :/

Lesson learned, always test desktop software before purchasing app.

I'm not saying this is a common issue with the software, but it's an issue for me. Clearly something on my end I can't figure out
    Whats the issue you're having with LAN File Explorer.

Forgot to mention in addition to my post above, ES File Explorer is another good Network shares explorer type app. its only available through side loading at the current moment. I did contact the company about bringing it over to the PB through AppWorld and they said they're in the process of doing so.

The ES File Explorer doesnt need a client on any machine on the network, but works very similar to the LAN File Explorer. Only thing with ES File Explorer is it'll open the file you "stream" but saving it in the background on your PB, while LAN File explorer doesnt open the files, only prompts to Download them and you can open them directly off of your PB.

Cheers
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 03-16-12 at 08:26 PM.
    03-16-12 08:22 PM
    I had brought it up in a previous thread but i'll link, as well as copy and paste my issue (no need to follow link): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7227666

I just bought this but the pc software, filehub, is not working for me :/
    i reinstalled jre and still nothing. it opens very sluggishly, windows firewall does its thing, i say allow, and then filehub just sits there, dragging along, just a white box, nothing there. :/

can you connect to it from LAN explorer? Also, you need to add directories/drives you'd like to make visible through LAN explorer.
    no, filehub is not allowing me to do anything, it looks like this: (*see image at bottom of post)

i sat there waiting for it to load for half an hour last night, it doesn't do anything. reinstalled it, reinstalled java runtime environment, rebooted, all that, can't get it sorted :/
    03-16-12 10:18 PM
    Have File Expert which is a .bar file that can convert for your PB.

It seems to work not too bad. Was able to add my home server and transfer files.
    03-17-12 04:50 PM
    LAN File Explorer can't connect to a NAS, and I don't want to leave a PC on all the time. I just tried ES File Explorer and I managed to stream a video from my NAS - early days, but it looks like it does the job. It did crash when trying to use the ES image viewer, and I had to restart the PB as it hung the Android player. A native PB version of ES File Explorer would be good, so I'm holding out for that.
    04-11-12 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD