I received the follow message regarding error 1009.
    but I can't find the zinio app in the application permissions page. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still no luck.

Can someone please check if the Zinio app appear in application permission. If it does, do you know what might cause mine not to show up?

Another funny thing I noticed was that on the first install of Zinio, it asked me for permission to access data that will idenity my location. Of course I check no. But my next installs , it did not ask me for that.

The following are the most common problems users are experiencing with the Playbook app, including solutions for errors 2124 and 1009.

Having trouble downloading issues or experiencing "Error 1009"?
    Please do the following:

1. Go to your Playbook's settings and select Security > Application Permissions > Zinio

2. Switch the selection to "Allow".

3. Return to the Zinio App and attempt to download one of your issues, it should start working(Some users may need to sign out and sign back in to their Zinio account).
    Delmeister likes this.
    03-21-12 07:58 PM
    It was in my page. I am still debating whether I like this VERY BROAD PERMISSION.

I, too, denied it and get the 1009 error.

Gear/options, Security, Permissions. Tap Permissions. Zinio was the last on the list.
    03-22-12 11:41 AM
    Thanks. But unfortunately, the Zinio app is not showing up in the Permissions App list.
    I wonder if i have a bug of some sort. I first noticed this problem when I downloaded an android app (can't remember which one). I couldn't use the app because I wasn't able to find the app to change the security permission..
    03-22-12 12:21 PM
    try uninstalling, rebooting, and installing again.

then allow permission on first launch
    03-22-12 12:23 PM
    I tried it twice without any luck.
    On a reinstall, it doesn't prompt for the security permssions.
    03-22-12 12:38 PM
    Did you ever install OS2 Beta? Android Market? Or Root your pb?

But you can get to the screen where Permissions of the various apps can be changed but Zinio is not on the list?
    03-22-12 05:51 PM
    Zinio dropped the ball (big time) on this one. Whats the thread count so far? (complaint threads). This app deserves nothing but extenction.
    03-22-12 06:51 PM
    I'm certainly not giving that kind of permission for an app I'm only trying out to see what it's like.
    03-22-12 07:25 PM
    I'm certainly not giving that kind of permission for an app I'm only trying out to see what it's like.
    I really wish rim was more informative about what that rather BROAD sounding permission is all about.

What type of info does Zinio capture if you use the desktop version? OR They have a browser access, too?
    03-23-12 12:39 AM
    Thanks..it worked. And I now have the free elle and Esquire magazines after reinstalling zinio
    03-24-12 12:47 PM
    I have a thought for the people who are panicked about permissions... You could allow the application, download the magazine, and then deny the permission.

I have just checked that you can still read a downloaded mag.

Personally, I don't understand the worry, but each to their own...
    03-24-12 01:06 PM
    I have a thought for the people who are panicked about permissions... You could allow the application, download the magazine, and then deny the permission.

I was actually going to test that concept, so thanks for testing it. I did grant permission just a bit ago and was downloading a few mags and was going to turn it off.

Of course, by then, Zinio could have downloaded my entire pb (which would be more successful than using Desktop Manager to do backups!!!!!)....
    03-24-12 04:09 PM

That's a terrible idea, it solves nothing. We're not panicked about permissions, we're glad that they work properly on the PB and use them accordingly.
    03-24-12 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD