Hi,

I just picked up a playbook and I was impressed until I tried to get an app.

Noticed that you need to add payment info.

How do I do this?

I tried going to app world website and it asks me the following:

1. Install web plug in. DONE

2. Connect your device. FAIL

I have tried this on my mac and PC and still I can't get to the second step.

And yes I have installed Desktop manager and it shows my playbook as connected.

Please help. I can't install anything and I am at a loss here.
    Not the start I expected....
    07-14-11 02:43 AM
    On the BlackBerry PlayBook open the BlackBerry AppWorld application from the Favorites tab and click/tap the help icon (question mark in upper right corner). Then scroll down to where it says "Update your BlackBerry ID account information."
    07-14-11 03:09 AM
    Thanks for your help but I tried this already.

In my Blackberry ID settings there is nothing there to add payment info.

On top of that I can't install ANY app updates or install free apps.

Man, if it is this hard to set up an app account I made a bad choice.

Thanks for your help though.
    07-14-11 03:16 AM
    I don't recall how I did it but as I recall it was somewhat convoluted the SECOND TIME. What happened was I signed up but decided I did not like the terms and ended it. Then I could not purchase stuff even free stuff. So I had to reinstate payment info (paypal in my case). It was somewhat circular as I recall until I finally found where/what to do.
    07-14-11 08:42 AM
    The error I keep getting is 31200.

This is extremely frustrating. If anyone can solve my issue or has had the same problem please let me know what you did to solve this.

I'm almost tempted to sell this thing. Not worth this hassle and waste of time
    07-14-11 12:26 PM
    Hi,

I just picked up a playbook and I was impressed until I tried to get an app.

Noticed that you need to add payment info.

How do I do this?

I tried going to app world website and it asks me the following:

1. Install web plug in. DONE

2. Connect your device. FAIL

I have tried this on my mac and PC and still I can't get to the second step.

And yes I have installed Desktop manager and it shows my playbook as connected.

Please help. I can't install anything and I am at a loss here.
    Not the start I expected....
    Have you tried using your 90 day free support from RIM?

PlayBook Technical Support Phone Number - PlayBook Help Phone

Tim
    07-14-11 12:35 PM
    Thanks. Trying this now.
    07-14-11 12:39 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID

Go there and see if you can log in. If not, register via the website. I had a similar problem where I first registered via the Playbook but apparently that was not good enough.
    07-14-11 12:43 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID

Go there and see if you can log in. If not, register via the website. I had a similar problem where I first registered via the Playbook but apparently that was not good enough.

I can log in but the only info to edit is my name, email, and contact number

Weird
    07-14-11 12:51 PM
    try to start all over again i.e. security swipe... I have the same issue when I first operate my playbook... but after the security swipe, everything is fixed...
    07-14-11 01:49 PM
    Ok resolved. Here is what happened:

Security wipe did not fix the issue.

When I registered my Blackberry ID something went wrong.

I created a new one but every time I went into app world it would not keep me logged in and took me to a screen to log connect my blackberry phone.

After spending some time on blackberry phone support, they figured out you need to this:

1. Create a blackberry ID on a computer
    2. Factory wipe the playbook and log in with this id
    3. Download a free app through playbook to register the device. Logging is not always good enough
    4. Then go back to web app world and log in and add payment info.

SUCCESS!

Hope this helps anyone else. Big thanks to Art at tech support. He was stumped for a while. Spent an hour on the phone but in the end he figured it out.

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.
    07-14-11 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD