just got my playbook and after hours of playing genesis/gba games on my ipod touch i was exited to upgrade to a bigger screen. i am currently horrified at bb'app world incomparason to apples or even androids. i know android player is in production, but i think its a sad attempt at more apps, i need the functionality of gens, gba, snes, emulators for this to be at least useful. my question is, is there going to be any probable work in this area to make this not a paperweight?
    camera sofware sorta blows, many rip off apps in appworld (ninja fruit, angry pigs?wtf), there no skype, google earth, pandora, the os is clean but horribly lacking in software.
    is there any hope for the playbook to support a more game, sociable, fun oriented audience. dont get me wrong the word app is useful. but other than that idkwhat to do withthis.
    12-27-11 10:42 PM
    google and it will take you to the crackberry forums i installed dgen and snes emu yesterday fan of degen, snes ok theres also an nes one floating around fcuex
    02-04-12 07:32 AM
    Genesis emulator
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ported-693924/

That's the link for the thread.

Edit:
    Here's the one for snes
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...thread-693337/
    Last edited by si_chindo; 02-04-12 at 09:35 AM.
    02-04-12 08:56 AM
    browser takes you to a whole world of fun. i don't know what else you need when you have full browsing experience.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-04-12 11:38 AM
    This thread is a bit old. But yes, NEW and SNES and GBA and GEN are up on the forums.

But I wouldn't say:. Emulators are needed on the PlayBook. I would say More Awesome Developers are needed to program Emulators.

So OP- my challenge get to you is thus:. SDL was ported, TouchControl was ported, NDK is available - if you are missing something, time to start learning how to program We can use more help.

Ed
    02-04-12 02:30 PM
    This thread is a bit old. But yes, NEW and SNES and GBA and GEN are up on the forums.

But I wouldn't say:. Emulators are needed on the PlayBook. I would say More Awesome Developers are needed to program Emulators.

So OP- my challenge get to you is thus:. SDL was ported, TouchControl was ported, NDK is available - if you are missing something, time to start learning how to program We can use more help.

Ed
    I almost started a rant thread on this exact statement, but what would that achieve..I am glad others think the same as I do though.
    02-04-12 03:18 PM
    I for one have to say that I *appreciate* all of the work the developers have done thus far. Sure, I wish there were more emulators, better rom selectors, etc...but beggars can't be choosers. This is an incredible device and the hard work of some of the very talented individuals here is MUCH appreciated. I just wish I knew how to program/code and contribute some myself!
    KermEd likes this.
    02-09-12 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD