I am looking for an app that will allow me to easily edit video on the Playbook. Thanks very much
    01-12-12 01:47 PM
    Does not exist yet.

There's hope, however, that something interesting will be along some time... I hope this year.

RIM bought a company a while ago, called JayCut. Pretty awesome-looking stuff. Cloud-based video editing.

RIM or they said something about one of the goals being to make this usable with the PlayBook, so although the editing wouldn't be directly on the PlayBook itself, you actually may not want that. The "cloud" would have much more power available to you, and would probably be more effective for many things aside from simple clipping or adjusting the audio track.

Would be nice to have something basic on the PlayBook though... just doesn't exist yet.
    iseeblackberry likes this.
    01-12-12 03:10 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't exist. I wish there was something. The lack of one (or even an audio editor) and no way to get images/video onto my playbook was the only thing that ALMOST swung me towards an iPad...

I think it's a gap that should be exploited. The reliability (i've found) of the playbook when outdoors and bridged makes it a really good tool for uploading multimedia content on the move. A simple video/audio editor would open up doors for this tablet in terms of the way it could be marketed.
    iseeblackberry likes this.
    01-12-12 05:22 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't exist. I wish there was something. The lack of one (or even an audio editor) and no way to get images/video onto my playbook was the only thing that ALMOST swung me towards an iPad.
    You can transfer any file, media or otherwise, to the PlayBook by enabling file sharing. Many here have done so successfully via wifi or the usb cable.
    01-12-12 06:07 PM
    thanks for the feedback!
    01-14-12 05:07 PM
    its a bummer. with that screen, proper stereo speakers, fast dual core processor with good gpu and no video editing solution. even just quick and dirty for uploads would be enough.
    01-14-12 05:36 PM
    01-14-12 05:43 PM
    i just uploaded and converted a video with video toolbox. works well.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-14-12 at 06:35 PM.
    01-14-12 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD