So I just bought a playbook on a whim on boxing day, and I'm still on the fence about keeping it. What I really want it for is a high tech organizer that I can use for my small business. I'm looking for a good quality planner app that lets me see individual days, with space for hourly appts, weekly and monthly view, alarms and reminders, contact cards or syncing w another contact app, and a bonus would be a money management option to track hours, income\expenses etc, or syncing w a program that does. I'm running a trial of State of Cash right now which is ok for the financial info but I'd like to be able to tie in hours worked, when and on what (which I record in a planner) to income.

Right now I do this in an actual dayplanner so I'm not familiar with whats out there. I've looked through the app world options but nothing jumps out. Considering BB's emphasis on business I didn't expect finding this type of app to be difficult.

Oh and I am regularly out in rural areas so a downloaded, fully functional version sans wifi is a must.

Any suggestions?
    Alexutz likes this.
    01-02-12 12:43 PM
    right now the best way is to use microsoft outlook and blackberry bridge, from what i read more is coming in the OS2 update in february, i havent found anything better yet either.
    01-02-12 02:19 PM
    I bridge to my 9930, and sync that to a desktop program called Intellect v3 (same as "Time and Chaos" but with email) all as a substitute for day planner for my small biz. T&C has a billing module available which I have not tried. For sync I use CompanionLink. There is another option for syncing using the cloud but I don't want that.
    There are trial versions of all of those and a forum with good info.

I have no idea what will happen with the upcoming native apps on the PB as far as syncing goes. Also T & C is coming out with V4 of Intellect and have no idea if or when Companionlink will sync with that. I'd asked T&C about playbook support/app and they don't intend to. Kinda po'd that they won't support BB's but I love the prog. I'll stick with what works if I can' integrate the new version with my BB's.

Tried PIPO lite on PB for time tracking but was not for me.
    There are a lot of time/billing/expense apps for the phone. If you don't have or want a BB phone then I don't know.
    01-05-12 04:36 PM
    I might try the google line of stuffs. http://www.google.com/calendar If you use that on your desktop as well, you never have to sync cause its the same calendar, and I believe it will sync with outlook/sunbird.

Their html5 series of apps make the playbook much more friendly. You can do anything you need to do with the apps the big G provides for free (pics, docs, calendar, g+, etc etc etc) and you never have to worry about 'syncing' them becomes more of a terminal away from your desk.
    01-05-12 10:12 PM
    One app you could check-out is GroovyNotes, but it doesn't cover your list...

I think OS2 will address a lot of these wanted features
    01-05-12 11:50 PM
    I like the G line of products. I've been wanting something that I can sync with windows, mac and linux while also having access world wide from any internet cafe, etc. for free. I moved everything to Google calendar, gmail & contacts. On my various computers I sync it all with Thunderbird and a few pluggins.
    Right now with my pb I am getting to my stuff via wifi and browser but I am hoping that with OS2 that this will be local or at least 3rd party through android apps. I have my fingers crossed.
    01-06-12 12:22 AM
    G products meaning google, correct? Is google calendar available as a downloadable app w full functionality when offline though? I was under the impression it was a remotely hosted setup and therefore required wifi?

I was thinking of groovy notes...just seems wasteful to purchase an app that only does a few things off my list when the OS upgrade may change everything in a month.
    01-11-12 12:43 AM
    Yeah, that would be the only downside to the whole google product line. In your situation, I'd wait for os 2. Or even try the beta and see what opens up for you.
    01-11-12 01:46 AM
    I tried groovy notes but it is pretty worthless. CONQU is currently sufficing and I know exactly what you mean in wanting to find sn app that mimics a daytimer
    01-11-12 03:31 PM
    Have you checked out the native productivity apps in the new OS 2 shown at CES? There is a video posted on the main Crackberry page showing the new apps including the calendar app.
    01-11-12 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD