Hi,
    I need to access and operate blackberry device from computer.
    it means:
    1. blackberry device will be attached with computer via data cable
    2. we will install some application in computer and will access our blackberry device from the computer. i can use mouse and keyboard to play around the device and what ever iam doing i can see it on device also. the same screen should be there in both (computer and device).

Note: I need some open source tool

What i did:
    I installed BBScreenStream tool along with Blackberry desktop software.... and i can see the same screen of blackberry device on computer but iam not able to operate it from computer....

Please help me out.
    Thankyou
    12-06-11 07:54 AM
    Hi,
    I need to access and operate blackberry device from computer.
    it means:
    1. blackberry device will be attached with computer via data cable
    2. we will install some application in computer and will access our blackberry device from the computer. i can use mouse and keyboard to play around the device and what ever iam doing i can see it on device also. the same screen should be there in both (computer and device).

Note: I need some open source tool

What i did:
    I installed BBScreenStream tool along with Blackberry desktop software.... and i can see the same screen of blackberry device on computer but iam not able to operate it from computer....

Please help me out.
    Thankyou
    1. BBScreenStream cannot be used as a remote control as you describe (for any BB device, not just the PB.) It connects via an existing deskyop utility provided by RIM and does not maintain a direct connection to the device. It merely executes the utility repeatedly to provide a stream of screen shots.

2. It is not yet possible to build an app that connects directly to the PB via the data cable nor via Bluetooth because the APIs do not exist.
    12-06-11 08:13 AM
    12-06-11 05:31 PM
    Does not work on PlayBook - It works only on Java-based phones. As I said in my previous, comparable WiFi, Blutooth and USB APIs do not exist on the PlayBook (yet);

"If you are on BlackBerry OS 5 or higher (including new BlackBerry 7 devices) you can now connect your smartphone to your computer via USB, WIFI, or bluetooth and control BBM, email, SMS, Twitter, and more. This allows you to use the keyboard of your computer instead of your BlackBerry's smaller keyboard or touchscreen, among other things."
    12-06-11 06:03 PM
    Does not work on PlayBook - It works only on Java-based phones. As I said in my previous, comparable WiFi, Blutooth and USB APIs do not exist on the PlayBook (yet);

"If you are on BlackBerry OS 5 or higher (including new BlackBerry 7 devices) you can now connect your smartphone to your computer via USB, WIFI, or bluetooth and control BBM, email, SMS, Twitter, and more. This allows you to use the keyboard of your computer instead of your BlackBerry's smaller keyboard or touchscreen, among other things."
    OK, When I read OP, I assumed its BB phones and Playbook.
    12-07-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD