While I was able to download MapDroyed (Converted from Android), I was happy to see that the GPS and Offline maps are working well (At least for the USA).

I was looking at the Android market and found (if Im not mistaken ) that the same company who released the MapDroyed , also have an Android Offline navigation application called "NavDroyd".

Since this is a "cost application" (I think around 6-7USD) I have sent the following email to the developer :
    "Can you please check the possibility and convert this application to work
    with Blackberry Playbook.
    I saw your Mapdroyd application working well on the Playbook tablet, so i assume converting this apps - is not a
    huge task... "
    A day later i have got the following answer :

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for your mail.
    I am sorry to inform you that, currently, we don't have Blackberry Playbook to check the app. If you have, please try the app with it. If our app is not working well with your device, you can ask for a refund within 24 hours.

If you will have any other questions, please feel free to write again.
    best regards,
    hadier
    "

What do you think ? Anyone has it on his Android machine and willing to give it a try ?
    03-14-12 12:47 PM
    Since you're the one interested, you might want to buy it; if it doesn't work, refund it.
    You have 24 Hours. Hold them at their word.
    03-14-12 12:54 PM
    Since you're the one interested, you might want to buy it; if it doesn't work, refund it.
    You have 24 Hours. Hold them at their word.
    May cost me too much ...Will need to buy also an android phone to download it either if you know how to download androids apps w/o having the phone ?
    03-14-12 01:28 PM
    Or they could just test it out on the PlayBook simulator BlackBerry - Smartphone Simulators
    03-14-12 01:31 PM
    Or they could just test it out on the PlayBook simulator BlackBerry - Smartphone Simulators
    This make sense...I assume they will need also help in converting this apps to BAR as well.
    I will give it a try and will send them this suggestion.
    Hope for the best
    03-14-12 01:39 PM
    LOL get the APK, !!-->PM<--!! me and i convert it
    Jeroen
    03-14-12 02:29 PM
    LOL get the APK, !!-->PM<--!! me and i convert it
    Jeroen

To be honest I was able to find "illegal" version of NavDroyd - on the WEB, was able to convert it, signed it, upload it on my tablet and run it...
    1. First step of running it Got a message that I should download the offline maps, which I did (no problem).
    2. Trying to run it then, the apps crashed .

So either it is not just converting the apps, or I got an old "illegal" version.
    jerryburst likes this.
    03-14-12 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD