Are developers able to make their own Music and Video player apps for the pb. Might seem like a dumb question, but I find these apps rather basic and can't seem to find a better option. Is there?

For me, any music player needs at least an equalizer and visuals.
    08-10-11 10:43 AM
    The OEM apps make use of hardware acceleration. That being said, a music player is not very processor-intensive, so a software-only solution would be pretty doable. Video on a 1GHz processor becomes more tricky. Think back to the late-90's and early-2000's.
    If the hardware-accelerated APIs are exposed to developers, then definitely different video & music apps could be developed.

QNX Core Graphics Technology
    08-10-11 10:52 AM
    The OEM apps make use of hardware acceleration. That being said, a music player is not very processor-intensive, so a software-only solution would be pretty doable. Video on a 1GHz processor becomes more tricky. Think back to the late-90's and early-2000's.
    If the hardware-accelerated APIs are exposed to developers, then definitely different video & music apps could be developed.

QNX Core Graphics Technology
    Opa!

Some of that is greek to me, but I get your point. Does the ipad, android etc have software based music player apps? I know I can google it, but I prefer conversation. Anyone?
    08-10-11 02:19 PM
    Don't know with iPad, but Android has Winamp, 3 (three), RockPlayer, etc..
    08-10-11 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD