I think I might be a little late to the party on this one, but I just started looking for the Video Chat App in OS2, only to find that, well, I can't find it.

I took a look in our "Findings" thread and at least one other person mentioned they couldn't find it. Another said when they tried to run it, they could no longer run Android Apps. A third said that the 2.0 Video Chat couldn't connect with their wife's 1.0.7 OS.

RIM did say that in the BETA, some consumer features would not work, or not be available.

Perhaps this is one they chose to quietly remove and not tell us?

Or, am I just not looking in the right place? I checked every folder I created, every panel/tab, and it's just not there.
    10-28-11 06:06 AM
    It's available on mine, running beta 2.0. But I've never used it because sadly I don't know anyone else with a PB. The app does open though.
    10-28-11 07:21 AM
    I think I might be a little late to the party on this one, but I just started looking for the Video Chat App in OS2, only to find that, well, I can't find it.

I took a look in our "Findings" thread and at least one other person mentioned they couldn't find it. Another said when they tried to run it, they could no longer run Android Apps. A third said that the 2.0 Video Chat couldn't connect with their wife's 1.0.7 OS.

RIM did say that in the BETA, some consumer features would not work, or not be available.

Perhaps this is one they chose to quietly remove and not tell us?

Or, am I just not looking in the right place? I checked every folder I created, every panel/tab, and it's just not there.
    Its also missing in mine and I can't find it in app world. I remember reading somewhere that video chat was one of the things they broke in 2.0.

Hope the update 2.0 for devs before feb.
    10-28-11 08:17 AM
    It's available on mine, running beta 2.0. But I've never used it because sadly I don't know anyone else with a PB. The app does open though.
    odd. I have the camera app, but I can't find the video chat icon anywhere.

I uploaded screen captures of all my panels & folders just in case I truly am missing.

If I'm not imagining things, other than security wipe >> redownload os >> reinstall apps, any other suggestions?
    10-28-11 08:27 AM
    it is not on mine after update and neither is bing maps....anyway to get these back?? not in app world from what i can see
    10-31-11 10:33 AM
    Its on mine but haven't tried it since the upgrade.
    10-31-11 10:43 AM
    I'm in exactly the same situation
    10-31-11 10:53 AM
    I have it on mine, doesnt work as rim stated it wouldnt when we installed the beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 11:37 AM
    Too bad because it was actually pretty good.

RIM is really F U up. Hope they get this PB sorted out cuz its kinda cool.
    10-31-11 11:49 AM
    I'm not only missing Video chat, but also the demo video and stock wallpapers. I've done a security wipe and update with no luck. I had them all before the initial security wipe I did after forgetting the password I gave it for side-loading in development mode.
    10-31-11 12:02 PM
    I reverted back to 1.0.7 because of video chat not working.
    10-31-11 12:16 PM
    I'm fortunate enough to have three PlayBooks at this point, though one only temporarily.

My original has 1.0.7 of course, with video chat.

The one I got at DevCon came with the 2.0 beta and video chat was MISSING.

The third is one I've purchased for my mother, and it came with 1.0.7 and of course had video chat. I've temporarily updated it to 2.0 and it still has video chat on it, though I'm not sure it works.

From that I conclude that 2.0 itself doesn't have video chat, but if you update from an earlier version it will not actually remove the app.
    10-31-11 02:34 PM
    It specifically stated that apps such as video chat, calendar, contacts and so on would not be available in Beta (when you downloaded).
    10-31-11 07:07 PM
    Make sure you scroll your lower screen sideways found some missing apps that way. Was missing the weather app, tetris, need for speed and setup icon.
    10-31-11 07:41 PM
    keep saying the words --- beta. beta. beta.
    11-01-11 01:12 AM
    Thought it was just mine, any option till we have it back on the playbook?
    11-30-11 04:51 PM
    Three choices: downgrade to 1.0.8, or wait for the 2.0 release, or just cross your fingers that it will be back in a later update to the beta, if there will be such a thing.
    11-30-11 08:34 PM
    its there but it does not worked, I did a restore and 2.0 and the icon disappeared
    01-03-12 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD