04-06-12 12:07 AM
57 123
tools
    or contribute if you can improve the native app. What was RIM thinking??? I have rarely seen a music player app, even on $10 dollar garbage devices, that doesn't remember where you left off playing. My God! - every IPod in existence has this as does Sandisk, Philipps, Creative...etc.

I don't know much about the playlist angle but Please, Please add some sort of rudimentary bookmarking to the music player.
    04-05-12 01:47 PM
    Hi, i'm a developer. I recently bought a Playbook and and was somewhat let down by the Native music player, so i got an idea to develop a new music player for the playbook. I've used androids before and i've seen the wide variety of music players available for it. I'm making this thread to gauge the Playbook community's feelings about the bundled music player.

So tell me guys, would you pay for a music player that was more fluid, more functional and more graphic in nature than the current player that is bundled with the OS or would you stick with the free player. I ask because the project would take several weeks of my time and I dont feel too great about ad-based services. Please leave a comment
    This is a great idea. Would you include support for additional formats?
    04-05-12 05:01 PM
    If it can play mp3 it would be quite handy and I would gladly pay for it
    04-05-12 05:07 PM
    thanks for showing interest r0v3rT3N, but i'm planning to take this up during summers after my semester ends, i'll let you know if i need help then. It'll probably be a good idea to wait for cascades to be launched than use openGL for a UI intensive app.

Thank you people for responding to the original post. My original idea was to just provide a more fluid and flashy player, but since the interest looks good, i might as well pick up additional skills off the internet and add features.
    04-05-12 08:30 PM
    thanks for showing interest r0v3rT3N, but i'm planning to take this up during summers after my semester ends, i'll let you know if i need help then. It'll probably be a good idea to wait for cascades to be launched than use openGL for a UI intensive app.

Thank you people for responding to the original post. My original idea was to just provide a more fluid and flashy player, but since the interest looks good, i might as well pick up additional skills off the internet and add features.
    No problem, always nice to have someone ask if you need help!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    04-05-12 09:14 PM
    I wish there was a music player which could play the LYRICS as the song progresses. For now I would even settle for a player where I can at least read the lyrics.
    04-05-12 10:06 PM

heh, I've been waiting for my semester to end so I could get started on apps as well.

Last class was today, hopefully I can get plenty of coding done during finals.
    04-06-12 12:07 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD