Yes I would. At the moment I am using instamusic which is an Android converted player. It's a little buggy but even with the bugs its much nicer than the native player.
    03-21-12 05:53 PM
    I would probably pay $1.99 for a music player that let me shuffle play the songs on my bridged BlackBerry. I'm not going to store any music on my PlayBook, I have no interest in creating Playlists, and I don't do podcasts or any audio files other than music, so all I need is to be able to shuffle play the entire set of songs on my phone.
    03-21-12 06:06 PM
    Guys please do leave a comment, even if it is a 'no'. Many views and no comments is just confusing.

It means they probably prefer the native music player instead so they just moving right along lol......but if he make a music app, please put a equalizer in it, i like to add more bass and all that to my music. Something i wished the native player had
    03-21-12 08:48 PM
    - play music from phone
    - can run on the background (obviously)
    - clean and bright interface (like the native one)
    - Top-swipe to change playlist
    - Use center-diagonal-swipe for Back (like the Android player, but I don't know whether it can be used for native or not)
    - Not consuming much memory
    - Can read folder (unlike the native one which only list all musics)

I'd pay 4.99$ for that
    03-21-12 08:57 PM
    Unless it is just truly amazing I'd stick with free built in one. It syncs up with iTunes just fines including playlists. Not flashy but does the job, especially since I only listen to music on the Playbook when on travel like on a plane.
    03-21-12 09:06 PM
    I'm a huge fan of album cover flow, I know it's an Apple thing but it would look real nice on the PlayBook....
    03-21-12 09:31 PM
    This would be cool if it is as good as the paid version of poweramp on my android phone...
    Last edited by batkinson001; 03-21-12 at 09:59 PM.
    03-21-12 09:56 PM
    I'm a huge fan of album cover flow, I know it's an Apple thing but it would look real nice on the PlayBook....
    Ya, it's a pretty neat feature. I'd love to see something similar.
    03-21-12 10:52 PM
    Hi, i'm a developer. I recently bought a Playbook and and was somewhat let down by the Native music player, so i got an idea to develop a new music player for the playbook. I've used androids before and i've seen the wide variety of music players available for it. I'm making this thread to gauge the Playbook community's feelings about the bundled music player.

So tell me guys, would you pay for a music player that was more fluid, more functional and more graphic in nature than the current player that is bundled with the OS or would you stick with the free player. I ask because the project would take several weeks of my time and I dont feel too great about ad-based services. Please leave a comment
    Sure, if it has some added value. Something that could gather and play audio from various sources. I'd like it to play audible.com files also.
    03-21-12 11:21 PM
    All i want is to make playlists. It is so much easier to go right into Dance, Easy Listening, etc. Without having to go through making playlist before listening. How hard is that? Shame cant put the one on my curve on the playbook. Its just what I like.
    03-22-12 08:09 PM
    Try to emulate Power Amp on android.

Equaliser is important - bass on native music player needs oomph.

A trial period before purchase would be appreciated; no-one wants to buy an app that turns out to be a disappointment
    03-22-12 09:28 PM
    Whatever you do, no skins please.. Make your app good looking enough people wouldn't want to skin it...
    03-22-12 11:37 PM
    short answer yes
    long answer.
    the current music player is nice but its missing alot of key stuff.
    i don't want a new music player that has so many new features that the core features of the player are missed or downgraded either.

goodluck
    03-23-12 12:14 AM
    Try to emulate Power Amp on android.

Equaliser is important - bass on native music player needs oomph
    Yeah, why can't we have subwoofer performance from those tweeter speakers?
    03-23-12 07:50 AM
    Yes I would pay for that.

For the moment the only basic feature I want is that it displays all the files correctly, in the correct folders. So when I put various heterogeneous mp3 files in a new folder... it just obeys.
    03-23-12 07:51 AM
    Yeah, why can't we have subwoofer performance from those tweeter speakers?
    Not built-in speakers. Headphones
    03-23-12 08:15 AM
    Derrick i get what you're saying, but how do i give a user everything there is to it beforehand for free and then expect to generate revenue from it? I can see how that would work in a games where you offer limited levels on the free version but i dont see how it would work here.

I think that's another issue, the question that how does the user know whats being offered. but my question is, is there a market for a new music player?
    I think the answer your question is a trial period for the full featured app. Let users use it for free for 1-2 weeks then they have to pay for the app to continue to use it after that point.

I would be willing to pay for a more full featured music player app if it has a trial period. Anywhere from $2 to $5 depending on the feature set and reliability of the app.
    Last edited by skynny70; 03-23-12 at 08:53 AM.
    03-23-12 08:21 AM
    $1.99 With one week free Trial.
    Get people using it, get people hooked on the ability to play through bridge, then take it away from them!
    Thats how to make a killing. i have downloaded most apps that have a free trial, and then Paid for pretty much all of them. if an app wants me to pay for it without showing me what it can do then it clearly doesnt believe in itself. and therefore isnt worth the money. So the only apps i buy without trialing are those that come from Big producers whos quality and support i know about, like XLabs and Gameloft,

Free Trials is the way forward,
    03-23-12 08:54 AM
    Have read all the posts with great interest, for me the weakest part of the Native music player is the the poor playlist management / support.

I've written a 'Playlist Generator' which looks at your Playbook and allows you to create and save playlist to the Playbook over WiFi.

It's a little rough, it was written through frustration and in about 2 hours but seems to work ok for me.
    It makes one gross assumption, which is that your Playbook has WiFi sharing on and that the 'media' share is mapped as drive P: on your PC

You may also need to install the .NET distributables (written in c# for Windows) to get it to work.
    Give it a try, I'll try to improve it where possible.
    04-05-12 10:18 AM
    Im interested.
    04-05-12 11:48 AM
    I will pay for any app that improves upon the native app it intends to replace.

So, in short. Yes.
    04-05-12 11:56 AM
    Yes here too! Paid OR free, but I prefer to pay!
    04-05-12 01:06 PM
    I would defiantly purchase this if done properly and if you included visualizations, I always wanted an app like that on my PB.
    04-05-12 01:16 PM
    What are you writing it in? I may be able to help if it's C++.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    04-05-12 01:19 PM
    I would happily pay for a good solid music player.

My wish list would be:

a nice spectrum analyser visualisation
    Graphic eq (nice but not essential)
    Radio stations would be tremendous
    Better playlist creation / edit features

Hurry up... Will pay what you ask if its good!

Thanks
    04-05-12 01:38 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD