Hi all, after reading this on Crackberry Site:
    "it would have been nice if native email and PIM apps was on the PlayBook at launch, but what's done is done and it's coming and it'll be here soon. RIM says this summer, and it makes sense that it will be available as the radio versions of the PlayBook hit the market." From the video: BlackBerry PlayBook Native Email and PIM Video Demo!!

I was wondering, after buying my 32GB Playbook, will I be able to use this native apps on my WIFI only version or this will be available only for the Radio/3G versions? Im confused.

Thanks, cheers.
    Nico
    05-03-11 10:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure that they were running it on a WiFi only version at the keynote today so it should work with WiFi only when available.
    nickolas16 likes this.
    05-03-11 10:38 AM
    They will, I'm sure, work fine on our WIFi versions.. it's just that they are waiting to release the apps with the 3G/4G versions of the PlayBook.

Personally, I wish they would release them already.. I'm not a BB phone user, and I am feeling more and more left behind.. the iPad WiFi and 3G both have Mail.
    nickolas16 likes this.
    05-03-11 10:40 AM
    I'm pretty sure that they were running it on a WiFi only version at the keynote today so it should work with WiFi only when available.
    Good point. I was a bit confused as well, but I believe the intent was to indicate that the dates would match up to each other well, not a reliance on 3G.

At least I hope so.
    nickolas16 likes this.
    05-03-11 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the reference link, OP.
    05-03-11 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the reference link, OP.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Native Email and PIM Video Demo!! | CrackBerry.com
    05-03-11 11:15 AM
    They will, I'm sure, work fine on our WIFi versions.. it's just that they are waiting to release the apps with the 3G/4G versions of the PlayBook.

Personally, I wish they would release them already.. I'm not a BB phone user, and I am feeling more and more left behind.. the iPad WiFi and 3G both have Mail.
    From what I heard on the Podcast, Its because the new OS (QNX) and the NOC are not connected as of yet. Not sure if thats the real deal or not, but its what CB was saying in the Podcast.
    05-03-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD