How can i get rid of some of the native apps on my playbook?

For example, I have AOL Mail, Gmail, Yahoo mail and NFB which all are pre-loaded with the OS but I don't use any of them. As soon as I delete them, I get a notification for a new OS, but that's only because the playbook realizes that there are things missing. I want them gone for good. Is there any way of doing this?
    06-09-11 10:14 PM
    best u can do for now is dont download the 6mb(or whatever it maybe) update.....
    06-09-11 10:25 PM
    How can i get rid of some of the native apps on my playbook?

For example, I have AOL Mail, Gmail, Yahoo mail and NFB which all are pre-loaded with the OS but I don't use any of them. As soon as I delete them, I get a notification for a new OS, but that's only because the playbook realizes that there are things missing. I want them gone for good. Is there any way of doing this?
    Under the current OS, there isn't a way to do it. Just leave the icons on the desktop and move them to the end, that's what I've done. Hopefully they will address this issue soon, but it's really not that big of a deal as annoying as it may be.
    06-09-11 10:27 PM
    no your right, its not that big of a deal, however, it is an annoyance. They really gotta fix that soon, I can't stand useless apps on the homescreen
    06-09-11 10:47 PM
    Yes I just moved mine to the bottom of my home screen out of the way. Very frustrating.
    06-09-11 11:07 PM
    Yeah, if we can't delete them or move them to a dead letter office file, at least let us hide them! My carrier lards on the branded apps on the Torch and makes it difficult to find and delete them, but the OS lets you hide them and since they don't each up much space or memory I mostly let them stay hidden.
    06-09-11 11:16 PM
    i leave the most important ones at the top, and then the batch of "second most important" ones i put at the very bottom, that way i can flick real quick the the bottom or the top... its them pesky middle apps that are annoying to get at...
    06-09-11 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD