Is there a way to find out if an app is native or not before downloading/buying it?
    05-08-12 10:17 PM
    no. a lot of times the reviews will mention it if you wait for some to appear. that's what I do
    05-08-12 10:23 PM
    oh, alright then. Thanks for your help
    aazidane likes this.
    05-08-12 10:24 PM
    I wish, they should seriously add this.
    05-09-12 12:06 AM
    I have always encouraged tech dna purity.

Android apps belong on Android devices...and yes the quality of Android apps on Android devices are almost the same as Android on the PB...visit the Android forums...what ever is bad on an Android device is just as bad on the PB.

It is my hope that when BB10 makes it to the PB Android will go away back to Android devices.

When Cascades and BB10 get into full swing there will be no comparison...Android will seem like DOS apps on Windows.
    05-09-12 01:01 AM
    For me, the screen shots are a telltale sign; especially any in portrait view with an Android notification bar.
    05-09-12 03:10 AM
    Android apps belong on Android devices...and yes the quality of Android apps on Android devices are almost the same as Android on the PB...visit the Android forums...what ever is bad on an Android device is just as bad on the PB.
    Nope... it's worse. I'd be extremely satisfied with the app selection if the performance and stability (of the few apps out of the bunch I wanted and that actually worked after downloading, converting and sideloading) were the same.

Yes BBAW should make a distinction. As GJHmf wrote the screenshots will tell which is the original platform but not every user will be aware of this. As I said before the bad performance of an Android app downloaded from BBAW may negatively impact the image of the whole device and OS... especially if the user is less tech-literate.
    05-09-12 08:23 AM
    Not really. If the developer is Handster you can be sure it's an Android app. You could search http://play.google.com to see whether it exists there and compare screenshots. Or just e-mail the developer.
    05-09-12 01:39 PM
    On RIMs Appworld in your browser you can see the required OS. If an App requires OS2.0 it often is an Android App
    velociraptor89 likes this.
    05-09-12 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD