I know there have been other threads - but the PDF application really needs an upgrade. It is so limiting not to support bookmarks, and pdf rendering can be very slow at times.

Then there is the powerpoint app - looks great, renders every powerpoint that I've thrown at it. There's just one problem - it's near useless for editing. How RIM could do this, with a business focused device is beyond me. I don't expect the world here - the ability to add/edit/remove text, maybe move graphics around, change fonts. Please, please upgrade the this app!

Otherwise the device really kicks! I am in awe of the OS - so simple and intuitive (and fast). It makes android tablets look positively clunky in comparison.
    Scrapegoat likes this.
    07-22-11 06:53 PM
    The sad thing, besides the inability to edit presentations is the fact that you can't start one!!!! That to me is a big problem!
    07-23-11 07:41 AM
    My 9850 burps when it's thrown a 4.5MB .pdf - it has no problem on smaller fies however the large ones it simply can't handle. I hope RIM does something about that as it's wrong to be the ONLY BB user sitting inbetween an iphone and Android and both those people have no problem opening the attachment yet I can't.
    07-30-11 12:56 AM
    The real question is of course IS RIM going to do anything about it....
    ...Or pretend the problem isn't a problem?

I can just hear someone saying; Who would want to open up a PDF of that size on a mobile device?
    07-31-11 03:28 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately I decided I didn't want to wait for RIM to update these apps at their convenience. I ordered an Android tablet, and returned the playbook. Too bad, since I think the underlying OS and UI is superior. RIM has some great technology, but there is more to the user experience than that.
    07-31-11 11:08 AM
    There is a tablet or pc or other device for almost any need.
    For those buyers with specific needs, they must do their research before they buy any technical product.
    Like everything else, the Playbook is not for everyone.
    07-31-11 11:01 PM
    mamdoni

i habe to take issue with your general statement. unless someone wants to only read a pdf straight through as in a novel, the inability to search or bookmark SHOULD be an automatic feature. one should not have to research that. my bb phone can read larger pdf files. it can also search.

and my reply demos other weaknesses. no auto cap, no easy way to place the cursor to correct typos so i did not.

the pb needs help im many areas including pdf functioms.
    07-31-11 11:44 PM
    if they could edit pdf it would be a perfect tab for me. need it to sign contracts while on the tractor. love the PB otherwise
    08-03-11 11:15 PM
    I thought the pp app was good till I had to use it when my laptop died. Pulled out the playbook hooked up the hdmi cable to the projector and started my presentation. All was good till slide 38 where I had links to videos on my companies site. A big no go! Why on earth wouldn't you be able to click on web links in a pp? Manualy switched to the browser and typed in the stupid long address. Played the videos fine but had to switch in and out of pp and browser. Very annoying.
    Would love to see an update to fix this and allow editing of pp docs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD