Another F&F's user here. Dropbox, bridge access does it for me, loads of updates, active helpfull dev... And I like the icon too
    05-28-12 04:50 PM
    files and folders works with bridge. I browse files all the time. cut/paste/delete/create new folder, all work great with bridge. you can even "star" folders as a favorite and get back to it easily

Can you open a document make changes than email it off to someone in bridge?
    This is something I am having issues with.
    Using box etc is a work around but an extra few steps when your in the field.
    05-28-12 05:50 PM
    Can you open a document make changes than email it off to someone in bridge?
    This is something I am having issues with.
    Using box etc is a work around but an extra few steps when your in the field.
    well you can save an email address in the program that you can use to email files with. pics, docs, etc.
    05-28-12 07:06 PM
    well you can save an email address in the program that you can use to email files with. pics, docs, etc.
    Yes you can with smtp eg. gmail,

However, our company will not let us use smtp for security reasons.
    We must use exchange, and unless this has changed sense the newest update in files and folders, it is not possible at this time. Don't get me wrong, I really like files and folders it works very well and the layout is great, and when it has the ability to have exchange set up on it's email inside of bridge it will be the BEST app in app world!
    05-28-12 08:16 PM
    I do like Files and Folders, but as I mentioned it often won't let me move more than one file at a time. When I first go to move something, it lets me move multiple files, but after that, it will only move one at a time. [...] Edit: I have emailed the dev of Files and Folders, so hopefully I can find out if this is a bug in the trial, or if will continue after purchase.
    We've received and replied to your e-mail, Jill. You may have found a bug. We're trying to reproduce the problem and fix it in the next update.
    westronic and westronic like this.
    05-30-12 03:47 AM
    We've received and replied to your e-mail, Jill. You may have found a bug. We're trying to reproduce the problem and fix it in the next update.
    Got your email. Always impressed when devs respond to issues. Will be purchasing your app.
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-30-12 07:06 AM
    As a temporary work-around, after moving your first batch of files, refresh the source folder. This should allow you to move more than one file again.
    06-02-12 08:14 AM
    As far as I am concerned files and folders wins hands down. Support is only an email away and they do read it, take note of what you say and reply.
    Now that's the kind of support I need, I have tried to contact the devs of other apps to try and fix problems but don't get a reply.

Just buy files and folders, even if you think it doesn't have this or that feature, because it's been updated all the time with bug fixes and new features.
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-02-12 11:32 AM
    To get to the phones files you need to unlock it on the pb at the top icon for it.
    Have tried that, however it still says locked, it may be because I'm attached to bes?
    Not sure.

Can you manipulate the documents inside of your work file?

This is where it would be good to be able to organize and rename files set up sub folders etc.
    So far haven't had any luck.
    06-02-12 05:25 PM
    Have tried that, however it still says locked, it may be because I'm attached to bes?
    Yes, BES prevents 3rd party apps from accessing the files on your phone. It's supposed to keep corporate files from being copied.
    06-04-12 05:22 PM
    Yes, BES prevents 3rd party apps from accessing the files on your phone. It's supposed to keep corporate files from being copied.
    Well they are doing a great job lol.

The problem with this is if Rim wants third party companies to build apps, they have to somehow make it possible for app builders like yourself, able to have the ability to make subfolders, rename, files etc. inside of balance, than give the employer's the control inside of Bes to decide what can and cannot be copied, renamed, etc.

Files and Folders is such a GREAT program and I use it daily, the ability to use it inside of balance with the Bes would be the icing on the cake
    Last edited by darmarat; 06-04-12 at 10:43 PM.
    BlazorBoy and Innovatology like this.
    06-04-12 07:41 PM
    Hi,

I provide since few days a new application : PlayCloud.

PlayCloud is written in native language to have the best perf.

I have used the same UI that the default PlayBook applications (as browser, mails, calendars...) to be well integrated.

I have implemented the tab feature so you can have several view of your files : local, system, bridge and now dropbox.

Of course, PlayCloud is younger than files & folders application or others... but now I use it daily. New features are soon implemented : other cloud services, thumbnails....

And if you have features requests...

Nicolas
    06-05-12 07:35 AM
    I have sent an email a while ago to the makers of files and folders asking when skydrive support is coming but again no reply, i am starting to worry about the support for this app as they are not as frequent on here as they used to be.
    07-31-12 02:18 PM
    Hi,

I try to add SkyDrive & SugarSync for this summer. So later, a release for end of august

Then, I'll add in the future release only new features such as thumbnails, portrait/landscape...

Nicolas
    07-31-12 02:35 PM
    it wasn't your app i was on about Nicolas, it was files and folders. I do have your app as well and it seems much faster and it is my go to app because of the speed.

Keep it up.
    07-31-12 03:28 PM
    I have sent an email a while ago to the makers of files and folders asking when skydrive support is coming but again no reply, i am starting to worry about the support for this app as they are not as frequent on here as they used to be.
    Don't worry, we're still here and not going anywhere! Files & Folders with SkyDrive is in the final stages of tweaking & testing.
    08-01-12 02:38 AM
    Don't worry, we're still here and not going anywhere! Files & Folders with SkyDrive is in the final stages of tweaking & testing.
    I love your app. what other features are on the horizon?
    08-11-12 10:19 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD