Hi Everyone,

I've been periodically updating a must-have list on my blog for good apps to sideload. I do this because I really don't like file sharing hosts, and its easier to grab the downloaders and see the links. However, if you rely on this thread, please remember to check the individual threads for updates (as the blog post will slowly become out of date).

Blog link: Must Have Applications for Side-Loading | File Archive Haven

Blog post: Updated Jan 31, 2012 @ 9:45pm

Hi Everyone,

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for making these apps, so please give credit where it is due in the individual threads.

I thought I would provide a new update for everyone one on:
    MUST have applications you need to sideload today. Don’t know how to Sideload? Check here. For you Mac users, you may need to create a VirtualBox with Windows or some other emulation trick.

NES Emulator FCEUXpb, Download 1.0.0.18 Forum Link
    Note: Store your ROMs in misc/roms/nes (file extension and folder need to be lower case)

GBA Emulator VBAMpb, Download 1.0.0.6 Forum Link
    Note: Store your ROMs in misc/roms/gba (file extension and folder need to be lower case)

SNES Emulator snes9x, Download 1.0.0.6 Forum Link
    Note: Store your ROMs in misc/snes9x-pb/rom (file extension and folder need to be lower case)

DosBox, Download 1.0.0.16 Forum Link
    Note: You can edit the DosBox config file here: misc/dosbox/dosbox.cfg to set your autorun, mount, and launch settings.

Desktop Browser, Download 1.0.5.206 Forum Link
    Note: Became Secure Browser and available for purchase here.

Google Desktop, Download 1.0.0.0 Forum Link
    Note: Discontinued and not going to appworld. I highly recommend this application instead. It is optional donationware from a good developer.

Quake 3, Download 1.3.3.1 Forum Link
    Note: Maps in: /misc/quake3/baseq3, OS2 Only

ScummVM for PlayBook, Download 1.4.1.34 Forum Link
    Note: Games stored in: /misc

Contributions:
    Amazon.com Webworks Launcher, SCrid2000, Download, Archive Link
    eBay Webworks Launcher, SCrid2000, Download, Archive Link
    eScreen Unlocker (for BB eScreen), SCrid2000, Download, Archive Link
    BB Protect Launcher (RIM Icon version), SCrid2000, Download, Archive Link

Please visit urls to make sure your files are up-to-date and how to use them. Each of these requires specific files uploaded to specific folders. Keep everything lower case.

I'll update this thread periodically

~Ed.
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-12-12 at 01:44 AM.
    01-31-12 09:17 PM
    I'll add a few to the list too, although none of mine are as cool as the stuff KermEd posted lol.

Amazon.com Webworks Launcher: http://www.scrapps.org/blackberry/ap...ook/Amazon.bar
    eBay Webworks Launcher: http://www.scrapps.org/blackberry/ap...ybook/eBay.bar
    eScreen Unlocker (for BB eScreen): http://www.scrapps.org/blackberry/ap...enUnlocker.bar
    BB Protect Launcher (RIM Icon version): http://www.scrapps.org/blackberry/ap...ok/Protect.bar

I have a Google+ webworks app for Playbook (and BBs) in App World - it's free, but you can "purchase" it to make a donation. The two versions are the exact same.
    If RIM denies my Wikipedia app (which I suspect they might since I found out since I made it that they're making one too) I'll post that as well.
    You can view everything in that directory at http://scrapps.org/blackberry/apps/playbook/
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-06-12 at 12:32 PM.
    sushistew and KermEd like this.
    01-31-12 09:43 PM
    You might want to note that quake is os2 only at the moment.

Also, no love for the SCUMM?

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-693419/

I was seriously thinking today about an external website to host homebrew bars. Something with app descriptions and feature lists if avaliable. Does anyone think the developers on this forum would be fond of something like that? I could link back to the original sites/postings where applicable.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-31-12 09:56 PM
    What we really need is something like Cydia for the Playbook. Localbar is a step towards that.
    I heard a while back that KermEd, HaTaX, xsacha, etc were working on something like that but haven't heard anything since then.
    01-31-12 09:59 PM
    What we really need is something like Cydia for the Playbook. Localbar is a step towards that.
    I heard a while back that KermEd, HaTaX, xsacha, etc were working on something like that but haven't heard anything since then.
    Good question. Im a GUI developer more than anything - So I built a fully functional alternative to appworld that loads an XML applist from my servers and downloads the bars as you pick them. It used an ANE from Yohanes that was a version of localbar. Literally, the day I finished the GUi, Downloader, etc and I was implementing the final stage (Yohanes ANE) was the day RIM patched it.

So long story short now it can only work over Root. So I handed the barworld sourcecode to the Root guys to see what it will take. Sad though I really wanted it out there and working. Im thinking its been moved to back burner thouhg just cuz not enough developers on the Root project.

More to the to topic... But, if someone builds a file repository for tracking this stuff that would be fantastic and id help where i can. Ill update the links above once im at a pc (need to ftp files to my website and stuff) so good catches guys n gals!

Of mention, this is for native PB apps only (non-Android). Just cuz its easier to keep focus on em. Any others you find just shout and ill get it posted

Ed
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-31-12 10:15 PM
    Oopsie, got to read before I post... Made a huge one for nothing. Hehe. Sorry.

Carry on.
    01-31-12 10:41 PM
    I'll add a few to the list too, although none of mine are as cool as the stuff KermEd posted lol.

Nice! Added! Did I link to the right Google + application for your appworld one? If not, lemme know the url and ill fix it up!
    01-31-12 10:46 PM
    You might add my fav Password Wallet app
    02-11-12 11:42 PM
    @KermEd yeah the link is right - might want to put in there that it's donationware, every time I refund an accidental purchase I lose about $0.33 to RIM lol.
    You might add my fav Password Wallet app
    You have a link to it? If it's in BlackBerry App World, this thread isn't the right place.
    02-11-12 11:52 PM
    @KermEd yeah the link is right - might want to put in there that it's donationware, every time I refund an accidental purchase I lose about $0.33 to RIM lol.

You have a link to it? If it's in BlackBerry App World, this thread isn't the right place.
    Updated! Also, secret dev trick. Anytime someone needs a refund, get them to send their order information to [email protected] - they can get refunded without the 33 cent charge.

Plus they can make sure the person won't keep getting free updates and access.

Ed
    02-12-12 02:09 AM
    Figured I'd update this thread to say that I added navigation icons to the Amazon, eBay, and Protect apps (forward, back, and home on the left side of the screen, like I have in the current version of my Tablet TV app).
    The Protect app will hopefully be available in App World soon, and I resubmitted Amazon and eBay, hopefully RIM will accept them this time.
    sushistew and KermEd like this.
    03-07-12 09:20 PM
    After intense email discussion with RIM, aided by Amazon's Terms of Use, US copyright law, and policy arguments, App World accepted the unofficial Amazon and eBay apps to App World.
    You can get them at
    Free Amazon.com (Unofficial) - Download Amazon.com (Unofficial) - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Free eBay.com (unofficial) - Download eBay.com (unofficial) - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    The versions with official icons are still available from my server.
    03-21-12 12:30 PM
    Thanks Ed, will definitely check some of these out!
    03-21-12 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD