I'm so jealous of those of you who have it working. I've now tried it on 3 different ISP's and 3 different routers...just hangs!

I have been in touch with the developer (I checked him out, he has a ton of apps out there, all rated 5 stars for other platforms) he is very responsive and wants to fix the problem. Just makes no sense to me. I'll continue to work with him to try and figure this one out. It seems to be an outstanding app...when it's working.
    He has been in contact with me as well. I ran some tests (trace router) this morning and sent him the results. He seems very dedicated to get the issue resolved.

I'm ready for it to get resolved too - as you said, the app is outstanding!
    06-03-11 12:33 PM
    I wonder what the issues could be. Anything like the GMT time setting that was needed to get the Tweedless app to connect?

What settings do people have who can get it to function?

My WIFI is WEP running through Netgear DGN3500 Router.
    Work I just simply see my companies Corporate blocking policy page so I know it's connecting fine but is useless.

Other than that I can let people know any settings if there is anything to compare.

Only snag I have found so far is after extensive use it becomes quite the memory hog. By extensive I mean 4hours + continuous use.
    06-03-11 02:57 PM
    I wonder what the issues could be. Anything like the GMT time setting that was needed to get the Tweedless app to connect?

What settings do people have who can get it to function?

My WIFI is WEP running through Netgear DGN3500 Router.
    Work I just simply see my companies Corporate blocking policy page so I know it's connecting fine but is useless.

Other than that I can let people know any settings if there is anything to compare.

Only snag I have found so far is after extensive use it becomes quite the memory hog. By extensive I mean 4hours + continuous use.
    I'm using the same router at home (where I can't get it to work) as you listed. Also using a WEP.
    06-03-11 03:11 PM
    sounds like a firewall on your router that may be blocking it to be honest.
    06-03-11 03:24 PM
    sounds like a firewall on your router that may be blocking it to be honest.
    Checked last night - not a firewall problem.
    06-03-11 03:30 PM
    Did you try setting time to GMT on the system clock?
    It was strange how that solved the Tweedless connection issue.
    06-04-11 03:35 AM
    Hi guys - Just to let you know I am still working with my hosting provider to solve this problem for those users who cannot the MusicMaster app. The app accesses my website to (1) retrieve the top50 songs of the week, and (2) play the youtube videos. The searching of youtube works because that goes directly from the app to youtube, but actually playing the youtube video needs access to my website. What I have found is that some people cannot access my website - ie nothing to do with PlayBook or the App, but rather an internet problem. Hence I believe the issue is with my website hosting provider. The are saying the issue is with the ISPs of the people who cannot access the website; I say no since there are several people spread throughout North America with the problem.

My apologies again to those who have the issue and thanks for helping me out with the various tracerts that you have run so that I could provide that info to help the hosting provider diagnose what I hope they admit is an issue on their end.

..JimmyO
    06-04-11 04:56 AM
    One Query I would have Jimmyo, when I had a playlist of say 50 songs why would it lose some of them. This morning I only have 18 tracks showing? Are the playlists stored on your server or on the playbook?

Thanks
    06-04-11 05:04 AM
    Somebody above asked how well the search worked when you enter a song name or artist name or both. There are 3 levels of searches that are done to try to find whatever song/artist that you might be looking for:
    1. first is just a regular youtube search - it provides the top 10 searches (ie it is just like going to youtube and entering Beatles Yesterday and seeing the top 10 videos that were retrieved)
    2. the app then goes to a music website to try to find a match for your entry as a song. So Beatles Yesterday will show the best match is as a song Yesterday and then finds what artists sing that song. It then uses those combinations to search youtube and provide the top video for each. So you might get beatles/yesterday, yesterday / 40 seconds to mars, etc (duplicate videos are not shown)
    3. then the app goes to the same website to try to find a match for your entry as a band. So Beatles Yesterday would show Beatles as being the most like artist you are looking for and pull up the top 10 Beatles songs. Then the top video for each of the those 10 Beatles songs would be shown. (again duplicate videos are not shown)

Within the list of songs, if you find one that is close but not quite what you are looking for, you can hit "more like this". More like this is just like hitting more like this on youtube - ie it provides you the same videos that youtube does.
    06-04-11 05:12 AM
    Bought the App and it is working great. Thank you Developer. Is there a way to make the video full screen?
    06-04-11 07:24 AM
    Did you try setting time to GMT on the system clock?
    It was strange how that solved the Tweedless connection issue.
    Gave it a try - no success though Thanks for the suggestion though - I am willing to try any suggestions to get this app working.

Big thanks to Jimmyo for working so hard to try to get this problem fixed!
    06-04-11 10:11 AM
    Hey folks - Still no resolution on my server issue. I have published now a new version of MusicMaster and MusicMasterLite to the App World. On this new version (version 6), if (for some reason) the app cannot reach my main server it goes to a backup server (and then if necessary another backup server after that one). Once I have a more permanent solution I will publish another update. The bad news: BlackBerry has to review and then approve the app - usually takes 5-7 days.
    zee921 likes this.
    06-04-11 01:23 PM
    One Query I would have Jimmyo, when I had a playlist of say 50 songs why would it lose some of them. This morning I only have 18 tracks showing? Are the playlists stored on your server or on the playbook?

Thanks
    All the playlists are stored locally on your PlayBook. My best guess on what might have happened is that the videos you selected from YouTube are no longer available and hence no longer in the playlist. This situation is unavoidable I'm afraid...
    06-04-11 01:25 PM
    Hey folks - Still no resolution on my server issue. I have published now a new version of MusicMaster and MusicMasterLite to the App World. On this new version (version 6), if (for some reason) the app cannot reach my main server it goes to a backup server (and then if necessary another backup server after that one). Once I have a more permanent solution I will publish another update. The bad news: BlackBerry has to review and then approve the app - usually takes 5-7 days.
    Thanks for the update. Its so nice to have a developer that is so responsive and dedicated as yourself. You and Alex, the TuneIn app developer for the phones, are awesome to purchase from!
    06-04-11 01:50 PM
    All the playlists are stored locally on your PlayBook. My best guess on what might have happened is that the videos you selected from YouTube are no longer available and hence no longer in the playlist. This situation is unavoidable I'm afraid...
    Thanks.

No idea what went on though,. It's not the case that the videos are no longer available as tracks 1-18 were in the order that I put them in and it was all the ones after that vanish. I did have a few strange goings on and had to hard reboot so maybe they didn't save. Either way it was strange.
    06-04-11 01:55 PM
    A simple but functional web based alternarive for those who are having problems.

Youtube Playlist Maker On-The-Go

Saved and loaded a playlist and it seems to work fine. This app just got me thinking about what I could do on the NetBook seeing as I don't yet have hdmi and can hook that to the tv via vga.

Edit: it also seems functional through the offline browser. I'm currently typing this on the native browser whilst it is still playing.
    Last edited by yzf.shaun; 06-04-11 at 05:40 PM.
    06-04-11 05:29 PM

Jimmy - I love this app but for some reason it loses my playlists after a few days. I created 6 or 7 with over 75 songs so it is doubtful they are all no longer available. Where does it store the playlist on Playbook - I would like to see the files so maybe I can get a fix. Great app but if you take an hour to build up your playlist and they are gone - a bit frustrating.
    08-05-11 07:24 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD