Is there a better Music Player than Neutron for the playbook? Anyone familiar with n7player or or think-4-U ?
    Also can Volumio be loaded onto a playbook to run as a server connected by wifi?
    11-18-21 07:35 PM
    Is there a better Music Player than Neutron for the playbook? Anyone familiar with n7player or or think-4-U ?
    Also can Volumio be loaded onto a playbook to run as a server connected by wifi?
    Pretty sure Neutron or the stock player will be as good as it gets for the music player. The only other one that I use occasionally is Kalemsoft Media Player but you have to pay for that one and it is not a dedicated music app. N7 won't run on anything less than android 4 (PlayBook is android 2.3) and I'm not sure about Think.
    11-19-21 10:25 AM
    In my opinion, Neutron was the most sophisticated music player for PB OS.
    11-19-21 04:25 PM
    I think a better question, is there a way to load a streaming app to the playbook like Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music or Spotify to stream over wifi and play it through the Playbook's DAC and speakers?
    I have a bunch of these little chifi DAPs (digital audio player)like the Hiby R3, R2, Activo CT10 that use a form a of android which allows you to load via apk these streaming players. That way I'm not limited to the 64GB max of the Playbook's storage. Some of my players can use SD cards up to 2T.
    Can one use us e the playbook's web browser to access over wifi these web sites to stream as well. Anyone doing some like that? I haven't seen any videos on that since this thing is so old.
    11-19-21 05:17 PM
    I preferred d KalemSoft - as it could stream from my NAS.
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-19-21 08:01 PM