Anyone willing to TOFTT - looks unique (like surviving high school EA) $2.99 Playbook only

Buy Murder Detective Hampton Bridge Murder - Download Murder Detective Hampton Bridge Murder - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

Let us know how it is !

Item Description

Murder Detective - The Hampton Bridge Murder. Join Detectives Phil McDermott and Dave Stanton as they try and solve the mystery of a woman found murdered on the banks of the Hampton River. Unravel the complex crime story and choose your path. Your choices will determine how the story ends. An interactive mystery where you control the adventure. Gather evidence, interrogate suspects, follow the clues and catch the murderer. You will be given a detective ranking at the completion of the case based on your attention to detail.

An Interactive Detective Mystery. Be Part of The Adventure. Play as Detective McDermott. Choose Your Path. Catch The Killer. Solve The Crime.
    12-02-11 03:00 PM
    oooooh. I'm downloading it right now
    12-02-11 03:43 PM
    oooooh. I'm downloading it right now
    Cool do give impressions

im wondering about the length, one case ?
    12-02-11 03:46 PM
    Not what I expected. Lame. Waste of $3 IMHO. Don't bother!

The pic of the boat is beautiful, as are all the background images - but the whole thing is a story told in "voice bubbles" and all you do is keep tapping the voice bubbles to get the next part of the conversation. There was one point where it gives you a choice of three options. I chose one, but then all the other choices get mentioned in the subsequent "conversation" anyhow. Boring. NOT interactive like Machinarium at ALL. Just tap on bubbles. Something for my trip to Phoenix when I'm bored of my novel or Runik, I guess.
    Last edited by modine; 12-02-11 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added more deets
    12-02-11 03:49 PM
    Not what I expected. Lame. Waste of $3 IMHO. Don't bother!
    dam what ? please elaborate !!!!

appreciate thx
    12-02-11 03:54 PM
    edited my response with more details...
    12-02-11 03:57 PM
    It's like a memory game for teens. You get quizzed after "reading" the story (tapping bubbles). Then you get "quizzed" on 5 facts you read about - 1 got 4/5 correct after burning through the story quickly - so it's not that hard. Looks like this is the nature of the game... read, make a choice, then get quizzed, and read some more. You have the choice to go back and start the chapter again. It didn't get any more interesting than that so far. Worse, if you're a fast reader like I am, the tapping gets old after the third time I had to do it - reading a book one sentence at a time... eww. I stand by my first impression.
    Last edited by modine; 12-02-11 at 04:11 PM.
    12-02-11 04:09 PM
    edited my response with more details...
    have you tried surviving high school or EA's other games like this? Mechanarium is a puzzle game where this is more of a graphic novel

Check this out :

App Store - Surviving High School Paid (World)

Same thing right ?
    12-02-11 04:10 PM
    It's like a memory game for teens. You get quizzed after "reading" the story (tapping bubbles). Then you get "quizzed" on 5 facts you read about - 1 got 4/5 correct after burning through the story quickly - so it's not that hard. Looks like this is the nature of the game... read, make a choice, then get quizzed, and read some more. You have the choice to go back and start the chapter again. It didn't get any more interesting than that so far. Worse, if you're a fast reader like I am, the tapping gets old after the third time I had to do it - reading a book one sentence at a time... eww. I stand by my first impression.

How many chapters?

Sorry you dont enjoy it maybe it will grow on you
    12-02-11 04:13 PM
    Now Mrs Gatz, no fair cheating you should know better - you have to buy the apps and get screwed if you don't like them just like everyone else lol
    Voice bubbles? wow that sounds sucky.
    machinarium? NOT sucky.
    JAGWIRE and 00stryder like this.
    12-02-11 04:18 PM
    Now Mrs Gatz, no fair cheating you should know better - you have to buy the apps and get screwed if you don't like them just like everyone else lol
    Voice bubbles? wow that sounds sucky.
    BLACKJACK......HOWDY !!!

Would you try this game for me ? (Ive got to buy dish liquid first)..

GREAT, let me know !

Did you know google gives you 15 minutes on the android market, for a refund, no questions? theres a button next to your apps, and if you dont like, instant refund..I LOVE ABUSING THAT BUTTON !
    Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 12-02-11 at 04:25 PM.
    12-02-11 04:22 PM
    BLACKJACK......HOWDY !!!

Would you try this game for me ? (Ive got to buy dish liquid first)..

GREAT, let me know !
    lol you crack me up Keep up the good work.
    12-02-11 04:24 PM
    lol you crack me up Keep up the good work.
    Im waiting, (tap, tap). I shall cook dinner and be back to check on you @<>@ !
    12-02-11 04:28 PM
    have you tried surviving high school or EA's other games like this? Mechanarium is a puzzle game where this is more of a graphic novel

Check this out :

App Store - Surviving High School Paid (World)

Same thing right ?
    I like EA games. This is NOT an EA game, however. This is Tournay Software... Pocketeers. Surviving Highschool is 99 which is more where this one should be priced. I haven't played Surviving Highschool but it actually looks more interesting than this one.

By the pic of the boat and the items strewn around it I thought it might be like a "go here and see what this is" kind of interactive game, but it is more of the novel sort of thing - like those books you used to get from the library "choose your own adventure" type thing. Except they were more interesting than a washed up detective who moans about his ex-wife and drinks too much...

I don't mind trying new things. I have purchased all kinds of crap for the PB because they are relatively cheap and sometimes you find a winner.
    Last edited by modine; 12-02-11 at 04:43 PM.
    12-02-11 04:35 PM
    I like EA games. This is NOT an EA game, however. This is Tournay Software... Pocketeers. Surviving Highschool is 99 which is more where this one should be priced. I haven't played Surviving Highschool but it actually looks more interesting than this one.

I don't mind trying new things. I have purchased all kinds of crap for the PB because they are relatively cheap and sometimes you find a winner.
    I know, didnt mean to imply this was EA, only it looked like an EA game. SHS was/is one of my favs so i thought this looked like it, sorry. You havent finished it have you, if its long i may still pick it up.

Modine, whats a 'pocketeer?'
    12-02-11 04:42 PM
    Modine, whats a 'pocketeer?'
    That is what comes on the screen when you start up the game. "Pocketeer" must be a series or something... a brand?

No, not finished it. I'm at ****shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh**** work...
    12-02-11 04:48 PM
    Thanks guys for the reviews, was going to hit purchase after I saw those HD pictures ... But its so lame a Tap and questions game
    12-02-11 05:25 PM
    Thanks guys for the reviews, was going to hit purchase after I saw those HD pictures ... But its so lame a Tap and questions game
    Interactive novel, ill pick it up later and post a review
    12-02-11 05:33 PM
    Bought the game last night. Started playing in bed. Game is indeed a graphic novel with great backgrounds. Story is not too bad, I am enjoying it. It reminds me of the old choose your adventure stories. If you like murder mystery stories, this is worth a try.
    12-02-11 10:37 PM
    Bought the game last night. Started playing in bed. Game is indeed a graphic novel with great backgrounds. Story is not too bad, I am enjoying it. It reminds me of the old choose your adventure stories. If you like murder mystery stories, this is worth a try.
    buying now, thanks !
    12-02-11 11:24 PM
    This is a good game !!

I suggest anyone with a remote interest in Gamebooks or create your own adventures within graphic novels to pick this up.

This is the only game of its kind in app world for PB and we need to support these efforts to keep the platform interesting !

The art is beautiful, the story is good, and so far its been fun !

Thanks guys, please make more, and please buy and review this game people !

Please ignore my conversation with user Modine in this thread, as she is not a lover of these types of games, and expected a puzzle game. I started this thread for opinions and I dont want this one person to sway everyone away, try it ! You all need to support your playbook devs, who take a shot, or all youll have is 1000 ebooks on appworld.
    Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 12-03-11 at 07:54 AM.
    12-03-11 07:48 AM
    Please ignore my conversation with user Modine in this thread, as she is not a lover of these types of games, and expected a puzzle game. I started this thread for opinions and I dont want this one person to sway everyone away, try it ! You all need to support your playbook devs, who take a shot, or all youll have is 1000 ebooks on appworld.
    I'm sorry my opinion didn't match your opinion, but I do think that since you asked for an opinion (and for someone to TOFTT), you got what you asked for. I feel as though your saying now to disregard my opinion kinda smells icky.

Please don't refer to this as a "game" as it is NOT a game. This is a graphic ebook at a teenage reading level. There may well be an audience for this kind of thing, but it's not my bag.
    Last edited by modine; 12-04-11 at 11:16 AM.
    12-04-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD