Hello - I just wanted to post a blurb about my games available for the PlayBook. By all means feel free to post comments about the games here. Good or bad comments no problem and they are greatly appreciated.

Twitch? The games I write are usually quick diversions, time killers, etc. I like to write shooters, matching games, etc, etc. Based on the popular games available for the PlayBook I'm probably writing the wrong types of games, but I'm writing games that I like to play on the device so hopefully a few others will enjoy them as well.

Even though some of these games are readily available from the web in their online Flash form, all of my PlayBook games are coded from the ground up using a custom framework that is optimized as much as possible for the PlayBook using the available development tools. When possible I've added improvements or new features to the PlayBook version.

Alot of peeps have emailed me and said my games run very smooth on the PlayBook, then is due to having a PlayBook in my possession during development. Change a few lines of code, see how it looks on the PlayBook. Repeat, tweak, etc, etc. At first I didn't think I'd be able to get a good frame rate, but after learning a few tricks I'm happy to report all of my current games run at a very high frame rate and perform flawlessly on the PlayBook. I actually don't think I'd get better performance using the "native sdk" that is due out soon.

And with Adobe/Rimm getting ready to push out Air 2.7 / Flash 10.3 onto the device (a few weeks or so??) this is going to make developers and end users very happy. The improved performance should really kick up the quality of the games on the PlayBook.

Ok...enough gab..onto my games... Thanks for your time and I hope you get a chance to check out some of my games. See my siggy.

GemClix (.99) - A fast action gem matching game.

Ballies (.99) - A casual matching, bumping game.

BalliesShoot (.99) - Casual, quirky shooter.

PopCornRush (free) - Kind of like that fruit game.

BubaFish (free) - Casual shoot and match.

BallieBuster (.99) - Swipe around at the Ballies.
    arieh and lyricidal like this.
    06-15-11 09:43 AM
    Thanks, I DL'd the popcorn game after seeing it on a post and for what it's worth I did enjoy it and it did include the popcorn music I was half anticipating to hear.
    06-15-11 09:56 AM
    Popcorn app is really awesome!
    06-15-11 10:04 AM
    They can't be TOO bad since RIM has featured many of them in App World on the "featured" list. I would also like to complement this developer for going out of his way to try to comply with our rules regarding advertising and other posting rules and conventions. He is a true gentleman and a GREAT internet citizen!
    06-15-11 11:34 AM
    The ballies one loooks pretty neat
    06-15-11 03:55 PM
    Thanks, I bought Ballies and have popcorn. great games with lots of replay value. keep it up.

One request: It would be great if your games would remember the music and sound toggle settings. I like to be able to sneakily play sometimes, and the splash music on launch can be quite noticable.
    06-15-11 04:16 PM
    Thanks for the comments, much appreciated! I am 100% working on updates for all the apps that will have global high scores, save states, etc, etc. (Saving music/sound states, etc) It's a slow process, but indeed a fun process too. Plus I'm working on new games as well, so there's alot to balance and decide what to work on next. lol..

Thanks to the awesome mods for allowing me to post this thread. It's great to get direct feedback from PlayBook users. We don't get any end user data from the vendor store (that I know of?) so contacting direct users seems to be impossible.

Thx.
    06-16-11 02:42 AM
    this is the best place for you to get feedback.
    Thumbs up for your efforts to get in touch! Great work!
    06-19-11 06:00 AM
    Where is the upgrade to 1.7 for the folks with 1.5 which was also advertised all updates and future games are free? Both versions of Twitch Arcade support emails are unresponsive to my inquiries.
    07-16-12 06:45 AM
    It would appear that the developer has abandon the PlayBook. While I can not say this for certain, the signs are there. He has not signed in to CrackBerry since April, he has raised to the cost of the app to an unbelievable level (599.99), and his picture files have been removed.

HOWEVER I will try to reach out to him via email and try to find out what happened.
    07-16-12 08:35 AM
    It would appear that the developer has abandon the PlayBook. While I can not say this for certain, the signs are there. He has not signed in to CrackBerry since April, he has raised to the cost of the app to an unbelievable level (599.99), and his picture files have been removed.

HOWEVER I will try to reach out to him via email and try to find out what happened.
    Well that's disappointing. Although its funny to see an app priced that high - I wonder if Crackberry Kevin will buy it
    07-16-12 09:36 AM
    I am the guy that posted the first Ballies review on app world. The strength of the game got me to pay for the 15 game pack which is quite fankly amazing value for money. Some of the games are better than others but i really don't mind that for the �3 i paid if i am not a fan of a couple of them.

Thanks for supporting the Playbook i really hope your games sell well.
    07-16-12 10:33 AM
    Maybe this showing of support will bring him back. His games are pretty cool. And the port to BB10 is a logical next step. Hopefully he will respond to my email and let us know what's up.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-16-12 11:24 AM
    Response from Mr Muncie regarding upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 (tia)

"100% yes. The transition to the new publisher caused a few hiccups, but older customers WILL be able to upgrade for free. Just finishing out the technical details with the appworld store. Sorry for the delay."
    pkcable likes this.
    07-19-12 02:28 PM
    Response from Mr Muncie regarding upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 (tia)

"100% yes. The transition to the new publisher caused a few hiccups, but older customers WILL be able to upgrade for free. Just finishing out the technical details with the appworld store. Sorry for the delay."
    I got a similar response. He left the old version in place for upgrades BUT priced it so no one new would buy it. When the new publisher is in place new listings will be available for new customers.
    07-19-12 06:38 PM
    I have just come across this issue... but via an unexpected route...

if you search for Twitch Arcade on BlackBerry World you will only find the �1.50 (uk price) version.. but if you go through the Twitch Arcade website, you are confronted with this:

MunsieGames - Twitch games for your PlayBook :)-uploadfromtaptalk1362999817376.jpg

now I really like Twitch Arcade but there is no way I would pay in excess of �436 for it.

the developer will need to direct his website to the appropriate BB World link.. and I will contact him and direct him to this thread.

most playbook users would look for apps via their device and so should never fall foul of this, but you can access this page via the game help icon and then through the BlackBerry Playbook icon.... which my 3 year old nephew uncovered.

now I can understand pricing a game so high as to put people off... but what if you purchased it by accident? would the developer refund?

there is a lot of controversy in the uk at the moment about children making 'inadvertent' in-app purchases in free games, and this is a similar scenario.
    03-11-13 06:12 AM
    Yeah, those that bought version 1.5 (12 games) are still waiting for the FREE upgrade to version 1.7 (15 games).
    Don't hold your breath waiting for the fix.
    03-11-13 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD