One thing I really miss from webOS is having separate browser windows for for each site. Is there a browser for the Playbook that let's you open multiple windows?

I wish there was a setting for the default browser to open new windows instead of tabs.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 11:51 PM
    Interesting. I could see how it would be beneficial too. I don't think there is currently though (only one instance of an app can run at a time from the looks of things). I could be very wrong though. I could use multiple windows instead of tabs (granted they work in exactly the same way though).
    03-02-12 12:08 AM
    Agreed. Before upgrading my PB to 2.0, the bridge browser was perfect as a second window. I miss it now. On my Bold, i have the bb browser, several versions of Opera, and Bolt before it was discontinued. Love the ease of having 2/3 browsers open.
    03-02-12 07:27 AM
    There are secure and simple browsers. But it would be nice to be able to have 2 windows side by side at times.
    03-02-12 08:54 AM
    There are secure and simple browsers. But it would be nice to be able to have 2 windows side by side at times.
    also comic sans, Android Browser and Dolphin. I've had four browser windows open at once.
    03-02-12 09:08 AM
    So, it sounds like there is no way on the PB today to open multiple browser windows unless each is it's own desperate app. There is no hack to run multiple instances of the same browser -- maybe just name -- like rename then Browser1, Browser2, etc.

One thing that especially irritates me is that the PB spawns a new tab in the browser when you click on a url in an email. To get rid of the window you have to view the tabs and then click on the "x" for the window to delete. I have gotten in the habit of just flicking off the browser window when I finish reading a page. And on the PB that ends up killing all of my web browsing sessions. I know you have the browser remember open tabs, but seems that multiple windows would ba whole lot better.
    03-02-12 06:39 PM
    Does any tablet allow side by side windows other than the up coming win8?
    03-02-12 07:31 PM
    Does any tablet allow side by side windows other than the up coming win8?
    The TouchPad does of course - multiple windows for web browsing, email, documents, etc. I don't know about the Android variations. I have to believe that somebody has written a multi-windows browser for Android.
    03-02-12 08:10 PM
    The TouchPad does of course - multiple windows for web browsing, email, documents, etc. I don't know about the Android variations. I have to believe that somebody has written a multi-windows browser for Android.
    By multiple browser windows do you mean one at a time to switch to or you can have two side by side like on ms windows etc?
    03-02-12 08:49 PM
    By multiple browser windows do you mean one at a time to switch to or you can have two side by side like on ms windows etc?
    One at a time. The PB screen is barely big enough for one browser window.
    03-02-12 08:54 PM
    Depends on what is in them.
    03-02-12 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD