We had a couple Android ports for Magic: The Gathering deckbuilding type apps, but now that new sets have come out those apps are a bit outdated. Anyone working on updating them to include the new sets or maybe even making a native app? I'd take either one really. The Android port of MTG Forge works good, but the new sets aren't included.
    06-21-12 12:29 PM
    I don't want to make you too sad, but look what the iPad just got.

http://www.imore.com/2012/06/21/magi...s-ipad-review/
    06-21-12 12:40 PM
    My point exactly, where is the PlayBook love?

Although the reality of that app is that is is geared toward teaching new players how to play the game. Not real useful to those of us in a tournament setting. But still cool none the less.
    Last edited by TerribleTim68; 06-21-12 at 02:25 PM.
    06-21-12 02:23 PM
    Trust me they have TONS of counter/utilies type apps too. I used to play like 20 years ago, and seeing that app featured on iMore yesterday then this thread REALLY brought back the memories.
    06-22-12 11:38 AM
    I know there are life counter apps out there for us on the PlayBook, I even have a very nice one that I use in tournaments (Free MTG Utility - Download MTG Utility). But the deck building type apps sich as MTG Deckforge are what I'm looking for. I have the ported Droid version that works in the Droid shell, but it hasn't been updated with the new sets, so it's missing stuff and I can't list my decks correctly since those cards aren't in there.
    06-22-12 12:53 PM
    Wouldn't deck building require permission from WotC? It would be tough getting an app like that in app world without it coming from one of the big guys like EA or Unity and have the blessing of WotC.
    06-22-12 03:28 PM
    Wouldn't deck building require permission from WotC? It would be tough getting an app like that in app world without it coming from one of the big guys like EA or Unity and have the blessing of WotC.
    Guess not, it already exists. Android App Market - MTG Deck Forge
    That's the one I have ported and sideloaded on my PlayBook now, it just needs updated for the new sets. Or we need a native app instead of a Droid shell app. I'd pay money for a quality app that does this stuff if it was native PlayBook, I know that. The big thing is, new sets come out so it needs to be kept updated or it quickly becomes irrelivent, like the Droid sideloaded one I've got now.
    06-22-12 04:13 PM
    Bump For Love!
    06-25-12 02:51 PM
    Bump for love! Still hoping to see some updates to the 'Droid ports to include the new sets as well as some quality native apps. Come on devs, what do you say?
    07-09-12 05:32 PM
    Bump For Love!

Seriously, still holding out hope for something native and awesome.
    08-01-12 11:53 AM
    I'm at an event today, and I am considering making a native app. While I know a bit about programming, this feels like a collaborative project.

Anyone interested in discussing an app like this for the PB, even with the impending OS changes.

Any advice is also appreciated.
    08-05-12 11:49 AM
    Not sure if this is what anyone's looking for, but there's an app in the new releases in the games section of App World called MtG Doctor.
    08-06-12 07:06 AM
    Perhaps

I hope so, even though i'm now a former MTG player...

OP, can you attach the bar file of the outdated Builder?

Plz... i would like to see my lil'old plainswalkers

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-06-12 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD