I have been working on a number of apps for the PlayBook (Tic Tac Toe, Facebook, Twitter, Hulu & Wikipedia App) and have just started work on a Windows Live Messenger or MSN app to be called 'Live Messenger'.
    The reason for this post is I would like some feedback as to what people would like included in the app, if I should get a basic app out there and improve it or hold off and wait till it's fully ready. I feel that it is important to get your feedback as you will be the ones using the app.

Image: Windows Live Messenger - Mock Up (Apr-22-2011)

If you would like the check out my other apps, please head over to my site Icey Apps | Home. I will be posting the Twitter App mock ups sometime soon (the only one not shown on my site) on the CrackBerry forums and my site.
    04-23-11 07:04 PM
    I'm personally more interested in a Yahoo! Messenger app but maybe that's me.

Also, why work on so many apps at the same time? I'd go one at the time and get them done right.
    04-23-11 07:11 PM
    Looks good. Just one question I have though, does it sign out other locations like the Live Messenger from RIM (on phones)? I hate that part about it.

And if you need beta testers feel free to post up the BAR
    04-23-11 07:12 PM
    I'm personally more interested in a Yahoo! Messenger app but maybe that's me.

Also, why work on so many apps at the same time? I'd go one at the time and get them done right.
    I will spend a few hours making one app and then kinda get bored so instead of doing something pointless with my time (like PS3) I will work on another app, I have a good cycle at the moment, and seeing as I've been told I can't do any form of sport for least 3 weeks then this is keeping me busy.
    04-23-11 07:16 PM
    Looks good. Just one question I have though, does it sign out other locations like the Live Messenger from RIM (on phones)? I hate that part about it.

I'm currently reading through Microsofts API info haven't really looked into the signing in bit yet as sending messages looked more intresting. I hope it doesn't but if it may do to start with and that will be something that I can add in an update. I hate being signed out too.
    04-23-11 07:19 PM

Sadly, the WLM app from RIM on the phones doesn't support multiple log ins at this time. As a result, any app from any other platform will automatically log WLM on the phones out.
    04-23-11 07:57 PM
    Looks good but testing will tell. Right now the only thing I can think of is the multiple logins... If you need a tester just let me know.
    04-23-11 08:01 PM
    As a result, any app from any other platform will automatically log WLM on the phones out.
    This is not true...Try nimbuzz.
    04-23-11 08:02 PM
    i would love to see the windows msn app what i would like to see in it is group chat, change nick&status, display picture, messaging color, this might be harder but maybe possible have the msn games thats all i can think of right now if you need any beta testers i would be glad to help you
    04-23-11 09:25 PM
    if you need a beta tester just pm me!
    04-23-11 10:26 PM
    I can't really comment on what I would like - it would be cool if your app could support file transfer, i.e., to transfer pictures/music/etc. But at this point, my only real response to this is as follows: "I could kiss you for creating a MSN app!"
    04-23-11 10:45 PM
    uu webcam!!!!
    04-24-11 02:55 AM
    Thanks for the feedback

uu webcam!!!!
    This sounds good, I to would like it but coding it in is another matter, but I will try
    acrogenesis likes this.
    04-24-11 03:04 AM
    Based on the graphic of this application above, I think too much screen real estate is being wasted in the first 20% with the square avatar picture. I would shrink that to a square that is the same height as the tabs and position it on the top right corner. The tabs could now be positioned closer to the top of the screen and you would be left with more space to read previous messenger text or really long messages.
    04-24-11 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys, new images for you all

Group Chat (Some Point)
    Change Status (On Launch)
    Change Display Picture (Sooner rather than later)
    Change Text Colour (Sooner rather than later)
    File Transfer (Some Point)
    Webcam (Some Point)
    04-24-11 10:48 AM
    I'd get webcam capability. I'm sure a lot of us would love to have this feature.
    04-24-11 03:15 PM
    UPDATE: We have started work on the app but have hit a problem, the Live API manager sorta thing (whatever they **** they call it, I should know spent enough time looking at it) won't work, we can't publish our app which means we can't code our app. We were hoping to get it done by tonight/tomorrow morning but seeing as Microsoft service doesn't seem to be working we have a problem and have come to a stand still . I have another mock up that I will be posting later
    04-24-11 03:27 PM
    please please please please make portrait mode it is IMPOSSIBLE (well very hard/inefficient) to type in portrait mode.
    04-24-11 10:29 PM
    The status buttons "Available, Away, Busy, etc" don't need to be displayed all the time. Better to make them appear with a swipe down to bring up it's option.
    04-25-11 09:11 AM
    The status buttons "Available, Away, Busy, etc" don't need to be displayed all the time. Better to make them appear with a swipe down to bring up it's option.
    Yh that is the idea
    04-25-11 11:26 AM
    Yahoon messenger for me
    04-25-11 11:36 PM
    add video chat to the app plain and simple..... just as long as there is a msn messenger app for blackberry playbook
    06-02-11 09:41 PM
    Any updates from the developer on when any of these apps might be ready for some testing? Just curious..
    06-03-11 07:49 AM
    I'd rather see fully baked apps. IMHO, an IM app is only useful if it can aggregate.

PS. Messenger is misspelled "Messanger" on your website. Hulu app would be cool.
    06-03-11 10:59 AM
    if you need any help with design, I'd be glad to help you and learn a bit more about mobile UI.

Best regards,
    06-06-11 08:04 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD