I haven't been able to find a msn messenger app, has anyone else? Any news on if there is going to be one? I was surprised there wasn't one available/preloaded at launch.
    04-21-11 02:07 PM
    No, the MSN app is not available yet for the Playbook and no word as to when, or if, it will ever be available. I'm hoping its sooner than later - and will allow for video chat.
    04-21-11 03:29 PM
    I'm hoping for Yahoo Messenger, and I'm fine without video, just want the IMing like on my phone!
    04-21-11 03:35 PM
    for some odd reasons i m thinking they are not making these apps (like fb, twitter, msn, yahoo msger, g-talk) becaues they want to try and port over os 6 apps so they dont want to duplicate effort. just my guess....
    04-22-11 02:16 PM
    I hope not, didn't RIM say they are still months away from those blackberry and android virtual machines?
    04-22-11 03:05 PM
    I'm sure RIM has plans to make it eventually, but they are concentrating their resources on finishing more core functionality of the Playbook (BBM through bridge, native email, etc). Third party apps like IM+ will probably come out soon with MSN, yahoo, and google talk support.
    04-22-11 03:44 PM
    I'm sure RIM has plans to make it eventually, but they are concentrating their resources on finishing more core functionality of the Playbook (BBM through bridge, native email, etc). Third party apps like IM+ will probably come out soon with MSN, yahoo, and google talk support.
    I do agree with you, my playbook still doesn't feel like its running stable, a few crashes here and there. Hopefully it won't be too long before they release IM apps.

Btw would anyone know where i can submit bug reports for the playbook ?

Thanks
    05-14-11 04:21 PM
    Icey Apps are currently working on a app for MSN

no I do not work for Icey Apps, I'm just a supporter of their work
    05-14-11 04:40 PM
    I have seen some screenshot of AppWorld from RIM for playbook which shows skype, MSN & GoogleTalk etc. When is it going to be happened?
    05-19-11 01:12 AM
    Icey Apps are currently working on a app for MSN

no I do not work for Icey Apps, I'm just a supporter of their work
    We are indeed working on an MSN app, although currently we are unable to work on it due to MS not allowing us access to the API. I have been in contact with them, once we have access to the API then we should have it done with in about two days (add 3-5 days for RIM to accept App).

The current idea is to have the basic version out as soon as, then update it with more features. Sorry for the wait.
    05-19-11 04:52 AM
    @SSaywell - Thank you for the update. Really looking forward to your apps released for the playbook. I also see that you are awaiting approval from RIM regarding your Hulu app. Still no news from RIM?
    05-19-11 06:31 AM
    If approvals aren't delayed in AppWorld.
    05-19-11 07:43 AM
    I am slightly worried about RIM accepting the MSN when it's done because I made a facebook app and submited to the App World on April 19 (cus everyone was complaing so thought i'd make a useful app and get lots of downloads) but it still to this day hasn't been accepted and I put a lot of hours in and miss out on a nights sleep to get that done. I hope they don't do the same thing with my MSN app.

Hulu App - I submitted it on April 21, still no news from RIM about it
    05-19-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD