I just noticed this app when checking out apps and I was wondering if anyone has given it a shot?

It is $1.99. This is their blurb:

"- No video conversion needed. Add subtitles in seconds!

- Change subtitles color
    - Change subtitles size
    - Change subtitles position
    - Swipe on top to show or hide the controls
    - More to come ..."
    05-26-11 06:29 PM
    Apparently you can tie in srt files to movies with Handbrake and just load that video on the PlayBook, but I haven't had much success with it yet.
    05-26-11 07:54 PM
    I presume Handbrake "recodes" the video in some fashion and permanently "burns" the subtitle into the actual file which would take additional processing/time.

This one supposedly works like other desktop apps (or my divx dvd player which plays avi/srt combos) - you place the AVI and the srt file in the same folder and they they play.

What's funny, is looking at appworld from my desktop computer, there are no reviews but looking from the pb, there is one BAD review.

Edited to add: As noted below, it works on mp4 files, too.
    Last edited by F2; 05-26-11 at 11:18 PM.
    05-26-11 08:23 PM
    Being a sucker for anything to do with video i just shelled out. I dropped a Korean avi file and matching srt file on my PB and it plays just fine! My only gripe is that if your videos are in subfolders it cant find them, the video has to be in the root folder. Other than that, its great. You can adjust the color, size and vertical position of the subs. This is going to kick for Asian cinema!

Yes, handbrake must re-encode to burn the subs. $2 for this player beats the heck out of waiting forever for Handbrake to do this.
    05-26-11 08:59 PM
    PS: I just threw an mp4 file on and it plays that fine. I did see the one bad review and i don't understand, unless the guy had all of his vids in subfolders like i do, then it cant play anything.
    05-26-11 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the further clarification that it plays mp4 files with appropriate srt files.
    05-26-11 11:17 PM