can any one help me with the movie srt app ?
    when i try to play a movie with an arabic srt it shows funny symbols or squares..

i sent the same question to the developer of the app

and he told me about a way to covert the srt file to utf-8 but it was in vain too..

and does any one have any solution to play mkv files ?

i have to convert them via handbrake program maybe in 10 hours :S so that i can watch it on my playbook
    03-04-12 06:54 PM
    What were his instructions, maybe someone can figure out what is needed. It maybe that no font on the pb matches what is needed?
    03-04-12 08:50 PM
    yes ..problem is...pb doesn't support the arabic language so the player can show it properly

he told me about a way to covert the srt file to utf-8 but it was in vain
    03-28-12 08:02 AM
    can any one help me with the movie srt app ?
    when i try to play a movie with an arabic srt it shows funny symbols or squares..

i sent the same question to the developer of the app

and he told me about a way to covert the srt file to utf-8 but it was in vain too..

and does any one have any solution to play mkv files ?

i have to convert them via handbrake program maybe in 10 hours :S so that i can watch it on my playbook
    The playbook supports the h.264 and the MKV container...are you able to see the video but don't hear any sound?...the issue that I've found is with the audio codec. the PB doesn't support AC3, typical in MKV files. I use AviDemux. It lets you convert just the video or audio streams and also lets you choose the container. I usually leave the video (h.264) alone and convert the audio codec to mp3 and it works fine. the only problem is that you don't get 5.1 sound, only stereo, but the upside is that it usually only takes me about 10 mins to convert.

hope this helps.
    03-28-12 02:16 PM
    i used a program called handbrake..to convert the file into mp4..with the same quality ..
    and it works like a charm

but the subtitle problem still remains
    05-01-12 10:47 AM
    Well you can also embed the subtitles in in the video by using Avidemux... but it'll take quite a bit.

It's a pain if you have to do it for every video you watch in the PB but at least it works.
    05-01-12 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD