So is anyone else having problems using Print to Go with your PB? I get the pop-up window to sign in to my Blackberry ID, and that's as far as it gets...
    03-19-12 07:12 AM
    I'm just here to ROFL at the thread title. nothing constructive here, sorry, lol
    Barljo and Itstakenovermylife like this.
    03-19-12 07:20 AM
    Mine works flawless. Easy set up and been working with no problems.
    03-19-12 07:26 AM
    No. Print to Go is going just fine for me. Try entering your BBID and password in the box and see what happens then. Gotta go....
    03-19-12 07:29 AM
    No. Print to Go is going just fine for me. Try entering your BBID and password in the box and see what happens then. Gotta go....
    Oh I'm way beyond that. It just hangs... forever.... I finally forced the window closed after about a half hour.

OK thanks crew. Just curious to see if I was alone or not. There's lots of Knowledge Base info on this on the BB Support site, so I'll just keep drudging through it.
    03-19-12 07:30 AM
    Oh I'm way beyond that. It just hangs... forever.... I finally forced the window closed after about a half hour.

OK thanks crew. Just curious to see if I was alone or not. There's lots of Knowledge Base info on this on the BB Support site, so I'll just keep drudging through it.
    Good luck. I hope you get it working. The effort will be worth it!
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    03-19-12 07:38 AM
    I'm sure you've searched, having been a member for three years and posted 240-odd times over that period, so forgive me for patronising if you feel that I do...

Have you disabled your anti-virus before trying to set up?

I forget which thread helped me, but I have seen many threads since, which showed that doing just that fixed the problem. Personally, mine was AVG-free. Other people also disabled Norton and had success then.

Your anti-virus can be re-enabled immediately once setup is complete, and does not require disabling every time you want to print something, just for the initial setup.

Give it a try, then hit up the KB articles if you're still having problems is my suggestion.
    03-19-12 07:53 AM
    I'm sure you've searched, having been a member for three years and posted 240-odd times over that period, so forgive me for patronising if you feel that I do...

Have you disabled your anti-virus before trying to set up?

I forget which thread helped me, but I have seen many threads since, which showed that doing just that fixed the problem. Personally, mine was AVG-free. Other people also disabled Norton and had success then.

Your anti-virus can be re-enabled immediately once setup is complete, and does not require disabling every time you want to print something, just for the initial setup.

Give it a try, then hit up the KB articles if you're still having problems is my suggestion.

Sheesh....you don't have to be so patronizing.
    Barljo, mem0ryburn and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-19-12 08:06 AM
    I also meant to add that, as with mem0ryburn, I also liked the thread title!

Hope that the post helped, or helps someone else with similar stationery [as opposed to stationary!] print issues...
    03-19-12 08:08 AM
    I have that same problem but I also have avg antivirus and I've just been too lazy to disable it to see if it works.
    03-19-12 08:33 AM
    I have that same problem but I also have avg antivirus and I've just been too lazy to disable it to see if it works.
    Disabling anti-virus didn't do it for me.
    03-19-12 09:06 AM
    It's worked flawlessly for me on both home and work computers.
    03-19-12 12:00 PM
    Absolutely no problems here, after I disabled AVG during initial installation.
    03-19-12 12:06 PM
    Can't get it to work either! Updated my XP to latest service packs and it still won't install properly. Disabled A. And firewall and open the ports 443 and 80 on my router. Still get an error message indicating a problem installing. I then click on the error message and I see the messages "removing components" followed by "the message that "software installed successfully". When I print for the first time It will take my BB ID. But the program pops up an error message and crashes after I enter my pairing code. Spent hours on this issue with no luck. None of the RIM bulletins deal with the print to go software not installing correctly. I've just giving up trying to get this to work.
    03-19-12 01:03 PM
    I too have had no success whatsoever in getting it to work. I've tried everything!
    03-19-12 01:08 PM
    Sorry, I was on my way out earlier when I replied, I had the same problem with it and it was in fact AVG causing the issue. After disabling every last function of AVG I was finally able to finish the setup. You only need to do it once, then throw AVG back up, you're good.

After all the trouble however I realized that I may as well just transfer my files manually, I don't really see a benefit to this app at all, but apparently some people are finding it useful for whatever reason, so that's certainly just my opinion of it
    03-19-12 02:00 PM
    Sorry I can't help, but it works well on both my computers and I find it a great, useful app. Now Orb is another issue. Can't get my PC to recognize it. Seems we all have our crosses to bear with some app or other.
    03-19-12 02:08 PM
    Def AVG - had the problem on both my netbook and new desktop, AVG disabled, log in, works, AVG enabled, all good.
    03-19-12 02:56 PM
    Sorry, I was on my way out earlier when I replied, I had the same problem with it and it was in fact AVG causing the issue. After disabling every last function of AVG I was finally able to finish the setup. You only need to do it once, then throw AVG back up, you're good.

After all the trouble however I realized that I may as well just transfer my files manually, I don't really see a benefit to this app at all, but apparently some people are finding it useful for whatever reason, so that's certainly just my opinion of it
    Exactly... I just drop files in Dropbox. Same result, albeit less of a coolness factor.
    03-19-12 02:57 PM
    I have XP and Win 7 PC's at home. My Win 7 machines installed without a problem.

XP SP3 battled...I must have installed and removed Print To Go about 4 times. Suddenly, with no additional changes on my side, it suddenly installed and works like a charm. I didn't have to disable anti-virus, or anything...it just suddenly worked on the installation.

BTW - I find this one of the most useful features on the PB.

gail.
    03-19-12 04:08 PM
    Sorry I can't help, but it works well on both my computers and I find it a great, useful app. Now Orb is another issue. Can't get my PC to recognize it. Seems we all have our crosses to bear with some app or other.
    Weird. I have been using OrbCaster almost since the first day I bought my PB. What kind of error are you getting?
    03-19-12 04:14 PM
    Mine works flawless. Easy set up and been working with no problems.
    03-20-12 01:55 AM
    Got past the login by disabling AVG, but now it can't find my playbook even though it's clearly on the network. Giving up and just using cute PDF to save to the documents folder on my playbook. Problem solved. No authentication, no AVG issues, same functionality. Why does RIM have to be so complicated.
    03-25-12 03:42 PM
    I'm using it at the moment and It works perfectly
    03-25-12 05:33 PM
    Exactly... I just drop files in Dropbox. Same result, albeit less of a coolness factor.
    Depends. If it's a file that actually opens on the Playbook, that works great, but if you need, say, a Visio diagram, you'd be out of luck.
    03-25-12 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD