If need-be, Bla1ze, you can close or even delete the thread if this seems unnecessary.

That said, what is with the crapware flood for the Playbook on App World lately? It's getting to the point where it's either as bad as the Android Market or even worse. It's pretty much I only go to App World now to update or to specifically search for something suggested by somebody.

I honestly thought that RIM stated they would be working to fix that problem.
    patpatiar likes this.
    02-25-12 08:40 PM
    Its the same with any other app store. 95% garbage 5% good. That said i have over 100 apps installed on my PB so there is a lot of good content out there, you just have to read reviews and check here for recommended apps.
    02-25-12 08:41 PM
    "one man's junk is another man's treasure. I've found that everything is not for everybody. To each his/her own. Download what YOU like
    taylor96 likes this.
    02-25-12 08:49 PM
    I'm surprised that you are surprised lol they are giving out free playbooks to "devs" for "apps".
    emtunc likes this.
    02-25-12 09:45 PM
    I have seen some extremely pathetic applications, mainly from handster. I wonder if all those revs got a free PlayBook. Hopefully native apps begin hitting the market and continued redesign of app world will help hide the ty ones.
    02-25-12 11:05 PM
    People wanted apps, apps they got, just like any other app store would have. Too long, some have had an inferiority complex about quantity of apps, well, that number comes with a price, unfortunately.
    02-25-12 11:22 PM
    People wanted good apps...not just apps.
    Then again I hope to see some more QUALITY apps on the pb. (the games are nice..angry birds etc but now i want REAL native apps) :P

hopefully 2012 is the year..
    02-25-12 11:28 PM
    What ever happened to quality over quantity? Lol
    02-25-12 11:29 PM
    I really thought we were going to see big name or good Android ports but for the most part, it's nothing to get excited about (so far). If anything - all the great apps are actual non-Android/BB native apps.

Don't get me wrong - Apple's App Store and Google's Android Market also have a bunch of "crap apps" but at least they have a decent amount of great apps ranging from your standard (Netflix, Skype, Dropbox, CNN, Zynga games, etc.) to some really cool niche apps and a variety of games. BlackBerry has none of these - just a few selected big name apps that made it over.

Hopefully once the BB 10 phones hit costumers' hands, this will change.
    NightSprinter likes this.
    02-25-12 11:45 PM
    Do you need 1000 different Twitter apps when you have Blaq? Do you need 1000 different tip calculators? Not really, but people, including tech bloggers and analysts, only care and look at numbers.

Hopefully with Cascades SDK being released soon, we'll see some really good ones...
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-25-12 11:45 PM
    Hopefully we see something mentioned about some major apps at mwc or rim will just be lost in the sea of android
    02-25-12 11:49 PM
    The major app stores can get away with crap apps because there are a few gems tucked away.
    When you are lacking many major apps people want and demand on a tablet, and also have absolute shedloads of utterly crap ones since the brilliant giveawayaplaybook campaign, it doesn't make a great impression.
    The BlackBerry fan has always berated other app centric platforms for their app fetish with the standard 'Who needs 1000 fart apps?' line. Now it seems all we have are those 1000 fart apps, except without the quality apps found on other platforms.
    Wonder how much Alec Saunders earns? Seems to be absolutely stealing a living.
    02-26-12 04:06 AM
    There is a lot of mince in the App World and if the issue around Dolphin Browser is replicated across the Android Developers it seems that despite the "easy" process of transferring a lot of devs just plain simple aren't interested.
    02-26-12 05:20 AM
    This is may be a strategy by RIM to push number of apps, because most people only concern with number of apps. With the release of BB10, hopefully more quality apps will arrive. But I hope RIM will limit of those junk apps, before actually good apps are buried under it.
    02-26-12 10:12 AM
    You guys wanted more apps this is how the other platforms got more apps...
    02-26-12 10:33 AM
    The crap has to come first to fill out the catalogue, if u read the bashing articles that complain about apps its not only about major publishers but the numbers as well. App world is constantly compared to the number on the app store and android market, atleast now they can shut up about that for a bit. When major publishers assess the number of downloads on playbook appworld properly, and determine if its a viable platform, then we will see major titles. Until theres enough downloads to justify making an app, they wont make them.
    02-26-12 12:30 PM
    This is the most shameful of all aspects of PlayBook. Great masses of garbage, stuff that never updates, and very few really great apps, entire verticals yet untouched. Really basic things for which you simply cannot find a tool.

Gamers are happy, soccer moms are happy, kids are happy, creative and business people are shocked.

Comparing PlayBook to others is a losing battle, big time--for many reasons, not the least of which is for whatever tons of garbage on the others, the reviews point the way to lots of great applications too. Big difference between tons of garbage and a variety of good stuff and tons of garbage and a few scattered good applications.

This was a golden opportunity for differentiation and nearly a year later it's clear that RIM is almost cripplingly weak against its competition in this highly important dimension.

Time will tell, but marketshare will tell sooner.
    02-26-12 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD