I would like to see more apps bridged, will this happen and what apps if any would you like bridged? Whatsapp is one I'd like to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 05:36 PM
    I just want to be able to view pictures stored on my phone through the playbook. I thought that was the whole point of bridging but it isn't supported by rim.
    05-25-11 05:44 PM
    pictures i understand, but what else is there to be bridged? (asking because im curious, not criticizing)
    05-25-11 06:00 PM
    I don't see why they can't bridge all the apps u have installed, unless there are technicalities I have not forseen? When my phone ring I get notification on PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 06:07 PM
    I want them to bridge the gps program or programs. I don't know why Bing can't use my phone's data connection to update maps/info. Not the gps data but the data that fills in the Directions, Maps, Points-of-interest, etc.
    05-25-11 06:49 PM
    BlackBerry PlayBook Bridge to be Opened Up to Developers! - BerryReview

"Yes you read that right! Mike Kirkup, Director of Developer Relations at RIM, and Chris Smith, Senior Director for the BlackBerry Development Platform, confirmed at BlackBerry World this week that the BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth Bridge will be opened up to 3rd party developers. This will allow developers to pass information back and forth between BlackBerry Smartphones and the PlayBook. RIM will be opening up API’s to allow things like making a phone call or sending a link to the browser.

Mike and Chris took it a step further saying that they plan on even giving developers access to the Bluetooth stack to be able to create their own “bridge” interface for anything they can dream up. That means that apps like Tether might have a future on the BlackBerry PlayBook. It also means RIM plans on a tighter integration between the two devices even in third party apps without the limitations imposed in the current smartphone OS.

They didn’t mention a time frame but did mention that they will have a ton of surprises in store for DevCon this year!"
    05-25-11 06:52 PM
    pictures i understand, but what else is there to be bridged? (asking because im curious, not criticizing)
    SMS support would be a good one to have
    05-25-11 07:05 PM
    I just want to be able to view pictures stored on my phone through the playbook. I thought that was the whole point of bridging but it isn't supported by rim.
    Just use the Photo Touchup Pro app. It can access bridged photos just fine.
    05-25-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD