It's a shame that what was a fantastic financial app a few months ago, stop being supported and won't load any new content.
    I'm talking about the PlayBook app for the mobile content of ElFinanciero (El Financiero), it was excelent, but not supported anymore.

It's a shame (but very much expected) that the PlayBook app of CNNExpansion has been dropped. Since that business site is one of the biggest RIM and BlackBerry bashers in Mexico, it still is a big lose since the site has a lot of recognition and followers in my country.

I was a couple of weeks out of town on vacation, and when I got back I found that one of my favourite sports app, and the best for Soccer Fans that have a BlackBerry PlayBook also was dropped or something or it just won't load new content. I'm talking about the Soccer news app called GOAL.COM. It was great, but sadly not working anymore.

Maybe those apps will be up again and running when BB10 gets released, but I don't know....
    joebert7 likes this.
    08-21-12 03:36 PM
    Sorry to hear it, but when you say "MORE apps being discotinued", I got the idea there were already quite some being dropped.

So, besides those apps you mentioned, which did actually ditch the PlayBook recently? I really haven't heard of any.

And yes, I do ask it honestly.
    08-21-12 05:43 PM
    I preferred scoremobile to goal.com but it is more eurocentric.
    08-21-12 06:23 PM
    Sorry to hear it, but when you say "MORE apps being discotinued", I got the idea there were already quite some being dropped.

So, besides those apps you mentioned, which did actually ditch the PlayBook recently? I really haven't heard of any.

And yes, I do ask it honestly.
    Some weeks ago, a good answer would have been Splashtop.

I noticed the CNN one but none apart from that.
    08-21-12 07:08 PM
    Tats explain why ,my goal.com wont updating again...
    08-21-12 07:19 PM
    Jotsy was totally dropped, or didn't actually worked....

FORTUNE Magazine, app, sold one issue and hasn't updated with new issues of the magazine. It's a shame. I also bought the FORTUNE 500 America's Largest Corporations 2011 issue, and It was fantastic, didn't get the 2012 so I bought this year's issue on paper.

I'm not bashing, I'm loyal to BlackBerry, I totally love apps like Evernote, Top Stocks, ProInsights or GeeReader.
    08-21-12 07:49 PM
    Some weeks ago, a good answer would have been Splashtop.

I noticed the CNN one but none apart from that.
    Does that mean that they did not drop the PlayBook? Because I can still download it... It's even on sale right now. I hope that's what you mean.

Jotsy was totally dropped, or didn't actually worked....

FORTUNE Magazine, app, sold one issue and hasn't updated with new issues of the magazine. It's a shame. I also bought the FORTUNE 500 America's Largest Corporations 2011 issue, and It was fantastic, didn't get the 2012 so I bought this year's issue on paper.

I'm not bashing, I'm loyal to BlackBerry, I totally love apps like Evernote, Top Stocks, ProInsights or GeeReader.
    Nonono, I didn't think you were bashing. I really was just curious about what other apps were dropped.

On a sidenote, did you try Zinio? Maybe they have the magazines you want?

EDIT: And I forgot to mention: Anyone wanting to use Jotsy can get the pc app here. I just tried sending a PDF to my PlayBook and it is still working.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-21-12 at 09:48 PM.
    08-21-12 08:08 PM
    Some apps will be dropped but that's any ecosystem. The truth is some devs will abandon apps while others may take a hiatus and then jump back in.

Some of the devs were and are, college kids who experiment with an app and then go onto bigger and better things. While others put all time and resources into new projects.

Not everyone has a staff of a dozen or 30 -40 on hand at all times.
    08-21-12 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD