I just downloaded Monopoly off the Appstore and it appears that mine is possibly a european board. Its not the original board like it advertises "From Mediterranean and Baltic to Boardwalk".

Did anyone else receive a different game board than the original? I'm wondering how many versions there are. Looking thru the menu you can't change the board.

I'm Canadian and downloaded the game in Egypt. The price paid was $7.50 for those that are interested. The price is worth it for the amount of use I'm going to get out of it but $5.00 would have been better

My version is 1.0.43 from "Electronic Arts Nederland B.V."
    12-14-11 05:48 AM
    mine is 1.0.40.... USA download with the traditional board that is sold here. The price here was $4.99 until yesterday. It appears that EA raised it up to $9.99 (as it stands today)
    12-14-11 07:23 AM
    I wonder if I delete mine and re-download when I'm in Canada if I will get the traditional board. I will have to give it a try.
    12-14-11 07:49 AM
    I believe monopoly is still 4.99. It was last night anyway. If you go to the monopoly app and go to purchase it will be 4.99 even though in the app it says 9.99. If any of this makes any sense.
    12-14-11 08:19 AM
    I disagree, I think it has gone up to �9.99. It arrived in the UK today and it appears to charge ten pounds from the users account. Shocking. Really soured me off this one.
    12-14-11 08:23 AM
    I believe monopoly is still 4.99. It was last night anyway. If you go to the monopoly app and go to purchase it will be 4.99 even though in the app it says 9.99. If any of this makes any sense.

apparently, that has changed. Yesterday, I did buy it under the same conditions that you did ($4.99 even though AppWorld showed $9.99) because according to several users PayPal takes up to 24 hours to adjust product prices up/down. Several users reported today that the price is at $9.99 via AppWorld and PayPal...
    12-14-11 10:11 AM
    apparently, that has changed. Yesterday, I did buy it under the same conditions that you did ($4.99 even though AppWorld showed $9.99) because according to several users PayPal takes up to 24 hours to adjust product prices up/down. Several users reported today that the price is at $9.99 via AppWorld and PayPal...
    That's too bad. Its a good game but 10$ is a little high for me. I guess it would be worth that much to some folks.
    12-14-11 12:13 PM
    man, u put this game on hard mode and i swear it is impossible. computer avoids your properties at all costs
    12-14-11 09:38 PM
    I just downloaded Monopoly off the Appstore and it appears that mine is possibly a european board. Its not the original board like it advertises "From Mediterranean and Baltic to Boardwalk".
    JellyBean could you post a screen shot... I am very curious.

man, u put this game on hard mode and i swear it is impossible. computer avoids your properties at all costs
    I KNOW RIGHT!!!!
    Rello likes this.
    12-15-11 06:12 AM
    That's too bad. Its a good game but 10$ is a little high for me. I guess it would be worth that much to some folks.
    Agree.

It's bad enough that we Brits get charged the same figure but with a �-sign in front - �1 = $1.55 last time I checked - but �10 is too much for a game I already have on my iPhone.

Never mind, I'm sure EA don't need my $15.50.
    12-15-11 06:47 AM
    bounce007 attached is a screenshot.
    bounce007 likes this.
    12-15-11 07:33 AM
    Cool, looks like the UK version!
    I think it'd be really neat if EA let us choose from multiple boards, so we can play different international versions when we fee like.
    12-15-11 11:07 AM
    I KNOW RIGHT!!!!
    lol man some people say they are like 8-4 in hard mode and i call BS on that. lol it is impossible. u land on all of computers properties yet they land on none of yours. even if u own a whole corner of the board, computer will still find a way around it lol
    12-15-11 01:17 PM
    Thanks for the screenshot JellyBean... that is pretty cool. I wonder if they make actual boards with those names.
    12-16-11 04:57 AM
    lol man some people say they are like 8-4 in hard mode and i call BS on that. lol it is impossible. u land on all of computers properties yet they land on none of yours. even if u own a whole corner of the board, computer will still find a way around it lol
    Rello, even medium is hard for me, YES MEDIUM! lol... I am 2 wins out of 5 games on medium... hard - i am 0 wins out of 3, I won't even bother playing on hard for a while... It's fun though.
    12-16-11 04:59 AM
    Thanks for the screenshot JellyBean... that is pretty cool. I wonder if they make actual boards with those names.
    It is the traditional english version, which I think has been sold throughout the UK and commonwealth, since the 1930/40s. They're London placenames (and have associated 'traditional' monopoly pub crawls ) Because it was licensed and sold branded by a british company and everyone knew the game growing up I think most Brits assume this is the original version.

I'm very pleased to be able to play this version of the board on the playbook and not an american or here and now edition as its the one i grew up with and love but I'm glad there's localisation so people can play with the placenames they know and love. Although the price hike to �10 is not good. The direct $ to � 1:1 conversion was bad enough.
    12-16-11 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD