Version 1.1.104 is now in App World. Added screen listing all your accounts with some basic account information (account type, number of transactions, account balance).. Also added running account balance when you are viewing your transactions filtered for a particular account.

In addition you can now backup and restore your database to your Documents folder.

Next in line is multi-currency support...

Thanks for your support. Let me know how you like the changes...
    crashberry likes this.
    03-14-12 09:20 PM
    I was just looking today for an app like this, and I found yours. It looks great, and for only 99 cents it is a great deal. I just bought it, and look forward to putting in my info when I get home. Thanks so much for making this app! I'll be sure to leave a good review after I've put it through its paces. So far so good though.

One suggestion for a future feature: the ability to balance from a statement. What I mean is that I could select transactions, and have them tally up my debits and credits, and then enter in the beginning balance of my statement, and see what the ending balance would be and should match my statement. Hopefully I'm making sense. Maybe it's a bit anachronistic and I'll find I won't need that kind of thing anymore, but it would at least give me piece of mind.
    03-29-12 02:56 PM
    Version 1.2.106 was just approved by RIM and should start appearing in your App World shortly (took less than 24 hours for RIM to approve - awesome!)

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/90101

Here is change log for version 1.2.106:

Multiple currency support
    It is now possible to associate each account to a different currency. New 'Currencies' menu has been added to the Application Menu (to bring application menu tap on the 'M' logo or swipe finger down from top of the screen) where you can view, add, change and delete currencies. Default list of 113 published ISO 4217 currencies is pre-loaded for your convenience. To associate account with a currency go to 'Accounts' menu in Application Menu, highlight account, set the currency from the Currency drop down and Update. By default all existing accounts (when updating from prior version) have been associated with the Canadian Dollar ;-) but you can change that in the Application Menu. At this time the currency selection affects only the display of the transactions and account balances, however in future versions number formatting will be specified at currency level. Stay tuned!

Other minor fixes and enhancements
    - Last edited transaction is selected in the list after Edit Window is closed
    - Bringing up App Menu no longer resets selected Account and Category in the Edit Window
    - Fixed bug where hitting Cancel in the Delete Transaction confirm dialog would delete the transaction anyhow
    - Transactions for the same day are now sorted by the order they were entered in
    - Negative transactions are now displayed in red and in brackets

By the way, password protect is top requested feature and will be added in next version.

Also I will be changing the price of the app to $1.99 on Thursday (April 26), so if you have not grabbed it for $0.99 already here is your chance before price hike ;-)

Eager to hear your feedback on the new currency support and enhancements!!
    04-23-12 08:31 PM
    I was just looking today for an app like this, and I found yours. It looks great, and for only 99 cents it is a great deal. I just bought it, and look forward to putting in my info when I get home. Thanks so much for making this app! I'll be sure to leave a good review after I've put it through its paces. So far so good though.

One suggestion for a future feature: the ability to balance from a statement. What I mean is that I could select transactions, and have them tally up my debits and credits, and then enter in the beginning balance of my statement, and see what the ending balance would be and should match my statement. Hopefully I'm making sense. Maybe it's a bit anachronistic and I'll find I won't need that kind of thing anymore, but it would at least give me piece of mind.
    Thanks for kind words and your suggestions. Statement reconciliation is something that is planned. I have it working in my web/PC version and just need to port (more like rewrite) it to PlayBook ;-) Stay tuned.
    04-23-12 08:33 PM
    Version 1.2.106 was just approved by RIM and should start appearing in your App World shortly (took less than 24 hours for RIM to approve - awesome!)

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/90101

Here is change log for version 1.2.106:

Multiple currency support
    It is now possible to associate each account to a different currency. New 'Currencies' menu has been added to the Application Menu (to bring application menu tap on the 'M' logo or swipe finger down from top of the screen) where you can view, add, change and delete currencies. Default list of 113 published ISO 4217 currencies is pre-loaded for your convenience. To associate account with a currency go to 'Accounts' menu in Application Menu, highlight account, set the currency from the Currency drop down and Update. By default all existing accounts (when updating from prior version) have been associated with the Canadian Dollar ;-) but you can change that in the Application Menu. At this time the currency selection affects only the display of the transactions and account balances, however in future versions number formatting will be specified at currency level. Stay tuned!

Other minor fixes and enhancements
    - Last edited transaction is selected in the list after Edit Window is closed
    - Bringing up App Menu no longer resets selected Account and Category in the Edit Window
    - Fixed bug where hitting Cancel in the Delete Transaction confirm dialog would delete the transaction anyhow
    - Transactions for the same day are now sorted by the order they were entered in
    - Negative transactions are now displayed in red and in brackets

By the way, password protect is top requested feature and will be added in next version.

Also I will be changing the price of the app to $1.99 on Thursday (April 26), so if you have not grabbed it for $0.99 already here is your chance before price hike ;-)

Eager to hear your feedback on the new currency support and enhancements!!
    Outstanding! That was the one change I was hoping for. Excellent transaction logging app. Well worth the cost.
    04-23-12 08:35 PM
    Outstanding! That was the one change I was hoping for. Excellent transaction logging app. Well worth the cost.
    Thanks for contacting me last week with this suggestion - it was easy to implement (just added extra "order by" to a query ;-) thats why it made it into this release ;-) Please keep the feedback coming...
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-23-12 08:44 PM
    Nice app, would like to vote for the balance sheet functionality, as mentioned by #DaedalusIcarusHelios (by adding a section for monthly and yearly budget).
    04-24-12 01:54 PM
    Nice app, would like to vote for the balance sheet functionality, as mentioned by #DaedalusIcarusHelios (by adding a section for monthly and yearly budget).
    That is coming.. I am working on password protect now but will work on category and payee balances as well as other cool stuff afterwards. Thanks!
    04-24-12 06:54 PM
    awesome news. Another suggestion: the ability to sort the columns in the transaction list by clicking on the header. Would make it easier to find all transactions with a payer, for example. Maybe filters too, not just sorting.

Thanks again. I got my info loaded up and it works great! Very quick and easy to add transactions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 12:15 PM
    awesome news. Another suggestion: the ability to sort the columns in the transaction list by clicking on the header. Would make it easier to find all transactions with a payer, for example. Maybe filters too, not just sorting.

Thanks again. I got my info loaded up and it works great! Very quick and easy to add transactions.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have added it to list of requests and will work on it in future release. There are many ways how to implement this so will need to think this through when ready to do this ;-) Cheers.
    04-25-12 09:15 PM
    Just a quick update that version 1.3.108 should be out in the App World on the weekend. In this version I have added password protect feature where you can set a password which is required to be entered each time you start the application. This was top requested feature.

Next version (1.4.x) will include viewing monthly balances per category which is second top requested feature ;-)

Getting there just slow... I'm still sick with very limited time but hey, one release at a time...
    05-09-12 10:39 PM
    Hi linknote,

Great app, well worth the money so thanks.

Couple of suggestions for future updates, ability to transfer from one account to another directly. And I can't seem to choose the third option when I am entering a transaction, ie for credit card under details I can't choose transfer. It doesn't respond and when I try to click lower I hit the save button. Third option I can't choose for any of them

Thanks!
    05-10-12 02:40 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD