This is what I see when I fire up modern combat and attempt to resume my single player game. It's like a surrealist nightmare; the other guy floats up into the sky and although some landscape is rendered it floats away as well leaving me standing on a cloud.

Re-starting the checkpoint, re-starting the game and re-starting the playbook doesn't help; keeps putting me back in the same spot. Any ideas on how to fix this without having to start over?

djmm2 likes this.
    11-12-11 01:30 PM
    This is what I see when I fire up modern combat and attempt to resume my single player game. It's like a surrealist nightmare; the other guy floats up into the sky and although some landscape is rendered it floats away as well leaving me standing on a cloud.

Re-starting the checkpoint, re-starting the game and re-starting the playbook doesn't help; keeps putting me back in the same spot. Any ideas on how to fix this without having to start over?

Click to view quoted image
    Wow i've never seen this before If you cant find any solution then try reinstalling the game, what else can one do.
    11-12-11 02:17 PM
    lol man the same thing happened to me... it freezes at one checkpoint... i just had to restart the mission... just make sure you make it past that checkpoint
    11-12-11 02:45 PM
    Restarting the mission will fix your issue. I had the same thing happen to me
    11-12-11 05:31 PM
    I had this happen a couple of times and restarting from the checkpoint usually fixed it. Then it happened late in the game and nothing would fix it. I contacted Gameloft and they advised me to delete and reinstall.
    11-12-11 08:24 PM
    Thanks guys re-starting the mission sorted it out. The game has seemed a little more buggy than usual since this issue but nothing too major.
    11-13-11 09:46 AM
    Some kind of bug in NOVA had my PB acting really weird. As a bit of a mission, I tried all sorts of things while the gremlin lived including going so far as to lock the screen and render bezel input useless.

I finally did a three button hard restart and everything went back to normal.

The OS is indestructible and the way QNX isolates processes means that you will most likely never lose any data no matter how hard you thrash the OS.

At one point, I got a bloody "gear" status indicator that apparently no one has ever seen on this site before.
    11-14-11 05:14 PM

I finally did a three button hard restart and everything went back to normal.

The OS is indestructible
    Seriously? How is an OS that is supposedly indestructible need to be reset so many times to fix issues? It seems like the fix for eveything. I've never had to restart my you-know-what ever.

Also, I've played both those games on the you-know-what and had zero issues. In fact I'm currently enjoying Modern Combat 3. When are you guys getting it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PhilUp; 11-14-11 at 08:08 PM.
    11-14-11 08:05 PM
    This just happened to me a few hours ago. Looks like something straight out of a Salvador Dali painting. Anyway, I restarted the mission, but when I got to the same point and died, the same thing happened.

Do I have to keep restarting the mission and hope I don't die, or is a reinstall the only way to fix it?

Thanks in advance, everyone.
    11-26-11 03:06 AM
    I fixed it with restarting the mission, but you will have to make sure you make it to the next checkpoint past the one that is screwing you up.
    11-26-11 08:10 AM
    From where can i download the game?????
    11-27-11 09:47 PM
    you can find the game on the appstore
    11-27-11 11:11 PM
    I have the same issue. At the same point in the game, the same checkpoint turns into a surreal dream like world. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. I have restarted the mission, restarted the entire game. When I got back to the same point, it proceded to go to the acid trip. I wondered if the game makers had not finished the game. Tried to contact suppot but the PB option bar just goes back to "phone model" options. Site says that there is no game for my phone. I emailed them but have not gotten any response. Bummer, I was just getting hooked on it.
    01-16-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD