Dear Research In Motion,

MobiTV works great as an App on smartphones. Have you considered bringing and leveraging this App onto the BlackBerry PlayBook? I think this would be a great idea. What do you think? http://www.mobitv.com

Regards,

Ricardo_N
    06-11-12 07:41 AM
    Why Research In Motion? Is this a RIM app? (I can't tell from your link - the site is down right now). Shouldn't this be "Dear Mobi"? Why did you place this same post in at least three forums?
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    06-11-12 08:10 AM
    @jhmimel When the site was up it appears only larger companies can partner with them; so this is why I said RIMM. It is not a RIM App. It appears only telecommunication companies provide the App to EU's, i.e,. AT&T, Verizon I suspect and so on to their EU's. So again, I thought why not circumvent the middle man and directly have Research In Motion provide it to their EU's via the PlayBook. You're right though; the site is down (grrr). It could be "Dear Mobi" but they are the provider so I don't think they will reach out to RIMM. I placed the same post in three post for exposure purposes only as I wanted to reach out to the masses and get their feedback on their thoughts. No other intentions. I want RIMM to be more successful then they already are and I thought this application could directly leverage their sales.
    06-11-12 09:15 AM
    I placed the same post in three post for exposure purposes only as I wanted to reach out to the masses and get their feedback on their thoughts.
    Your crossposting got you reported and almost got you banned as a spammer. Don't make that mistake again please!
    Ricardo_N likes this.
    06-11-12 09:41 AM
    Branta I am sorry you reported me. Trust me I am not a spammer at all. I simply wanted to bring attention to what I thought would be a good idea and didn't know where to post so I hit all three forums. I didn't think this wasn't allowed. I hardly use the site but from time to time I do. I simply wanted to bring some awareness to the App and try to get feedback from others. I didn't mean to get anyone upset. I don't work for MobiTV or anything like that at all. I just thought it was a good app for the bb smartphones so why not the PB. How do I get this message out w/o being perceived as a spammer or being reported? I will not cross post again - I didn't know it wasn't allowed sorry.
    06-11-12 09:48 AM
    Generally they partner with carriers, they do SprintTV, AT&T (I forget what they call it), and Verizon's NFL Mobile. Interestingly they do NOT do Verizon's NHL Live, that's Nuelion. Perhaps when the 4G PlayBook comes out one of the Carriers will bring their TV product to the PlayBook.
    Ricardo_N likes this.
    06-11-12 09:51 AM
    site is undergoing maintenance
    06-11-12 03:36 PM
    Didn't even know people still used mobitv...
    06-11-12 03:38 PM
    @papped for me I prefer to watch live television over the Internet instead of cable or satellite. The main reason for me is that I can often watch channels not provided by your cable or satellite provider. You see, I cut satellite for online and while that saved me a huge amount of money I still was missing a lot of televison let alone live TV. So when cable provided me a $10 discount for adding basic local channels to my Internet package and charged me $5 for the service they were literally giving me free basic cable with a $5 discount.

Also, I love politics which requires knowledge of a magnitude of different topics. For example, many foreign news stations are not covered in a typical provider's package, and while you can easily find them online other channels are on MobiTV allowing me to stay connected at $10 a month versus the $100 or so I was paying. So I am still ahead of the curve saving money. So I have basic cable services for free and a $5 discount and MobiTV only costs me another $10.

Between the two combined I actually only pay $5 dollars and get a lot of channels live. That's why I like MobiTV. Plus should something be breaking news live even the best reporting online takes time to get approved by an editor etc. Live TV there is no subjectivity and its direct. However, these are reasons why I like MobiTV.
    06-11-12 08:55 PM
    Dude, you NEED to get this app...

Buy Tablet TV - Download Tablet TV - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

It's mostly On Demand TV, but their is some live stuff too. Trust me you will NOT be disappointed.
    ignites likes this.
    06-11-12 09:46 PM
    Dude, you NEED to get this app...

Buy Tablet TV - Download Tablet TV - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

It's mostly On Demand TV, but their is some live stuff too. Trust me you will NOT be disappointed.
    Aw shucks lol.
    There's a free version if you want to check it out before you buy it. Free Tablet TV Free - Download Tablet TV Free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    An update is forthcoming, got distracted today making a free app that I'm about to post about
    06-11-12 10:43 PM
    Hey guys thanks for looking out man; that's so cool but my PB is at RIMM. Unfortunately, the camera files somehow got corrupted and it couldn't be fixed remotely through DTM. I think it was one of those android apps that fubar my PB and I am going through major withdrawals. Just shipped to them this past Saturday and I am so over the laptop thing already. I know I did pick up an App from App World called USA Tablet HD TV - American Channels and its okay...it does have some live content but I can't wait to get my PB back to try this free verison out. Does it really do Netflix?
    06-12-12 07:25 PM
    All the Tablet HD TV and other TV apps by yaybe are just imitations of Buy Tablet TV - Download Tablet TV - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World. And no, it doesn't do netflix.
    If you want Netflix, you'll either need Flix by Daniel Bingham or to get a PlayON subscription.
    06-12-12 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD