Have you noticed the mobile gmail app is working quite well lately....stays up to date and no cache and disconnect issues...havent had to go into the basic html site in a long time!
    09-16-11 06:40 AM
    Still really slow if you ask me...the scrolling is just a pain...anyone else notice the same thing?
    09-16-11 07:50 AM
    i think i noticed the PB Bridge email has changed too. when you reply or forward the formatting appears different to me.
    09-16-11 10:12 AM
    No issues with speed here...all really snappy..touch wood...
    09-16-11 11:24 AM
    How did you get it to be quick? Mine is slow and often has issues connecting to their server. I've cleared the cache and all that a few times, but still no change and unfortunately it's still slow as heck. I've also noticed when i have gmail and a few other tabs open, the browser can unexpectedly crash when closing one of the tabs.

Any ideas or thoughts?
    Last edited by 4abetterworld; 09-16-11 at 09:32 PM.
    09-16-11 09:16 PM
    Not working for me... Basic HTML or bust on my PB.
    09-17-11 10:22 AM
    I've only lately had some success with the mobile version of gmail - since others were having success I figured it either had to be my playbook or me...

Let's start fresh. First go to Options in the browser, and then Privacy and click "Clear All". Restart the browser and load up gmail.

Now you should see the two pane view. Email list on left and selected email on right.

Before I was always trying to drag the email list or email pane slowly...but that worked horribly. So I've discovered that if you actually "flick" the screen it works well all the time.

Let me know how that works out and hopefully this tip solves the issue!
    09-18-11 07:15 PM
    ...the scrolling is just a pain...anyone else notice the same thing?
    Sort of. Scrolling either works or it doesn't. It used to really irritate me until I realized what is happening. Basically, it's a focus issue. Sometimes I can't get the left side list of emails to scroll, and sometimes the right side email content won't scroll. It's because focus doesn't seem to follow with my scroll-swipe.

As a workaround, I found that if I do an explicit tap to set focus on what I want to scroll, and then do the scroll swipe, it will work as expected.

This is a browser bug IMHO, that doesn't correctly set focus when I am swiping. Otherwise I agree GMail Mobile works pretty well now that I do a full wipe and let is start from scratch with the cookies and DB. (this seems to be needed every few months when GMail prob changes something in their DB formats)
    09-18-11 10:12 PM
    Why can't I switch in the browser to the full Gmail site? I tried to load it but it defaults back to mobile. If there's a trick to it I'd appreciate someone pointing it out.

And why can't I attach a file? I can do that in the Gmail app on my 8900. I had to fire up the PC today because I couldn't attach the file on the PB - I had to attach it through the wifi share, on the PC Gmail.
    10-20-11 11:27 AM
    I'd recommend using the "basic html" version of gmail when needing to attach files. The Desktop version is finicky, and the mobile version just doesn't support attachments yet.

Hope that helps...
    10-20-11 07:13 PM
    I use this address and it takes me directly to basic html gmail.[URL="http://https://mail.google.com/mail/h/3nnqbv78u1qn/?pli=1"]
    I just put a shortcut/bookmark on my favorites. No need to use the mobile version! I could not stand the mobile version personally.
    10-20-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD