We process our credit card payments through Intuit directly in our accounting software.
    Today I received a mobile credit card reader that plugs directly into the headphone jack and after you download the app from App World, you are ready to process credit card payments from anywhere you have cellular coverage.
    The device works flawlessly by either swiping the card or by entering it through the keypad.
    Unfortunately, there is no app for the Playbook yet, but I have requested that Intuit create an app for the Playbook.
    This is what I have been looking for and I know many other readers are also.

I think the Playbook would be the perfect platform for this app.
    08-03-11 02:31 PM
    What device are you using now?
    BB IOS or Android?
    08-03-11 02:58 PM
    I am currently using a Blackberry Bold 9650.
    This also works with Apple phones and Android phones.
    If you go to Blackberry Appworld and search on "Intuit" the
    "Go Payment" app will be displayed.
    08-03-11 03:12 PM
    Here is a picture of what the credit card reader looks like when plugged into a Blackberry Bold with the headphone jack on the side of the device.
    08-03-11 06:33 PM
    I though the Intuit swiper wasn't compatible with Blackberry smartphones? BB's aren't listed on their list of compatible phones, though we can use the software app by keying in cards ( looking for an alternative to Paypal Virtual Terminal for when I sell my artwork at conventions ).
    02-02-12 04:09 AM
    They dropped support for the BlackBerry platform. Despite my tweeting at them

No guarantees this link will work forever, but if you download the COD/JAD from here use your favorite method of sideloading to your phone. Can't guarantee swiper will work on your device, but app will load.

If you get a communication error when the app starts up, make sure your APN is set.
    cajunberry likes this.
    02-02-12 08:34 AM
    im trying to find a good credit card reader that will work on my playbook. i also have the bold 9930. does anyone have any ideas?
    02-19-12 06:35 PM
    Intuit supports the older BB,s such as the Bold/Tour 9600 Series, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Curve 8500 series. They no longer sell the hardware for it, which is a white card reader, but they still support BBs. I have it for my Tour, as a Process Server, it has helped me tremendously, no more waiting for checks to clear and most of the time payments cleared the same day.

RoamPay/RoamData, who made the original Intuit GoPayment card reader continues to support Blackberry and have new readers out for them as well.

http://www.roamdata.com/roampay/us/swiper

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...59225/?lang=en
    Last edited by Ano Hito; 03-12-12 at 06:51 AM.
    03-12-12 06:38 AM
    It looks like Staples still sells the white currently on sale for $19.99 Linky
    03-12-12 07:44 AM
    This card reader stuff is very intriguing. Tell me, do I need to set up or open a merchant account if I go with the Intuit Go-pay option for the iPhone, or would I use a current savings or checking account to receive payment?

I learn something every day here on CB, and I can see myself selling fresh caught tuna at the dock with these mobile credit card provessors.
    03-12-12 08:05 AM
    This card reader stuff is very intriguing. Tell me, do I need to set up or open a merchant account if I go with the Intuit Go-pay option for the iPhone, or would I use a current savings or checking account to receive payment?

I learn something every day here on CB, and I can see myself selling fresh caught tuna at the dock with these mobile credit card provessors.
    Last time I checked you had to set up a merchant account with them.
    04-16-12 01:15 PM
    Just a FWIW post, I just received a credit card reader from www.square.com for my iPhone, and unlike the Intuit reader, a merchant account is not needed. Simply sign up, enter a bank account number (the routing number on your check for example), and you're done. Oh, and the reader is free. There is a 2.75% surcharge per swipe, and no additional fees.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 05-18-12 at 01:03 AM.
    05-18-12 01:00 AM
    Has anyone tried to convert the Square app from the android apk to bar on the playbook? It says version 2.1 and up which should be supported, but I do not know if the app would work on all other items.
    05-18-12 06:48 AM
    Check whether the android app works or not on PB, here is .bar com.intuit.intuitgopayment-1.bar
    05-18-12 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD