04-13-12 09:15 AM
64 123
tools
    If you have MLB.tv, Android customers have no need to install the full (non-lite) app. All you have to do is log in with your MLB.tv account and it's essentially the full app.

However, it seems that the sideloaded app isn't supported for MLB.tv just yet (users can only listen to games; the video icon doesn't appear next to audio). MLB is slowly supporting more devices, so hopefully by Opening Day they'll have flipped the switch for whatever device the Android Player emulates (since there's no way in heII the PlayBook's Android player will be supported directly)

That said, my issue can always be isolated -- though I don't see how that could be the case. I'm aware that it works through SimpleBrowser with the Firefox UA, but has anyone gotten MLB.tv to work through the At-Bat app?
    I've got the same experience... successfully side-loaded, and audio works, but no video is available despite the fact that there's a game being broadcast right now by mlb.tv.
    03-05-12 01:32 PM
    Do you have to be in wifi to be able to listen to the games, or will it work while bridged to my phone?
    03-05-12 02:31 PM
    Do you have to be in wifi to be able to listen to the games, or will it work while bridged to my phone?
    Works flawlessly through the bridge -- which will make MLB.tv blackouts interesting because it will appear that you're in Waterloo, yes?
    newcollector likes this.
    03-05-12 06:46 PM
    Not sure if you guys saw this in the other post. If you go to MLB.com from a PlayBook or a BB phone, it now reads "At Bat 12 for BlackBerry coming soon"
    noelito4three likes this.
    03-05-12 07:37 PM
    Ntario, when I go to MLB.com (which redirects to the mobile site of course) from my Curve 9350 I don't see anything that looks like that screenshot you posted nor do I see any info about apps or At Bat Coming Soon for BlackBerry. Are you sure you've seen that on your phone or was it just from your PB?
    03-06-12 01:14 AM
    Not sure if you guys saw this in the other post. If you go to MLB.com from a PlayBook or a BB phone, it now reads "At Bat 12 for BlackBerry coming soon"
    I'm not seeing this on my phone when I go to MLB.com

Plus still no mention of blackberry on supported devices for AT BAT 12. This isn't looking good.
    03-06-12 03:06 AM
    No mention of Blackberry in this article either.

At Bat launches with more options than ever | MLB.com: News
    03-06-12 03:12 AM
    This was very frustrating. Fortunatly there is score mobile app. You can get game updates. I'm a jays fan on the rogers network and you can download rogers radio on phone to listen to fan590...for the playbook, I guess I'm SOL.
    03-06-12 07:01 AM
    you guys are correct. The screen capture was from my playbook.

Here is a capture from my torch and also one from MLB.com on a pc in the 2nd pic you can clearly see the torch displayed
    dalecon and noelito4three like this.
    03-06-12 08:00 AM
    Here's hoping that you are right
    03-06-12 09:41 AM
    MLB doesn't look like that from my 9900..idk. Had the app on my berry last year. I understand not supporting blackberry but supporting WP??
    03-06-12 10:22 AM
    I called MLB.com Mobile support today and they said there are no plans to support it for BB "at this time". Rather than people think that leaves the door open for them to do so, I would guess this is rather a way for them to not tick off people on the phone.

I also called in to cancel the Gameday Audio subscription that auto-renewed on me. They said no problem, they'd cancel it. I asked when I'd get the refund and they said the billing department would let me know if I'd get a refund in 2-10 days. So despite never using the subscription this year, they can't tell me if I'll actually get a refund even though I cancelled. I better or I will be raising holy .

Overall between not supporting BB's and the Gameday Audio crap, it's one of the worst "customer service" calls I've ever been on. Will definitely not being doing any business with MLB.com in the future.
    03-06-12 01:05 PM
    Using simple browser to stream game day audio of the jays-phillies right now. I was kicked to the mobile site when using stock browser for audio saying bb not supported. You can still use the regular browser to follow gameday and scores if you enter the site through something other than the main page.
    03-06-12 01:20 PM
    I'm going to hold out till right before opening day and if we don't get this app and I can't find a reliable option on Nobex or Tunein; I guess I'm making a switch to Android. Not what I want to do but I have to have my Yankees!
    03-07-12 01:50 AM
    You can't let MLB win and dictate the type of phone/Tablet you own. Call MLB and send emails.

PS Go Jays, This is our year
    03-07-12 07:22 AM
    You can't let MLB win and dictate the type of phone/Tablet you own. Call MLB and send emails.

PS Go Jays, This is our year
    Yeah, I'm going to keep trying. By the way, with the added wild card that could help the Jays get back to the postseason. I could see them finishing ahead of Boston and maybe competing for one of the two wild card spots, but we got the division.
    03-08-12 02:02 AM
    I have the lite version of At Bat 12 installed on my PlayBook. How do I activate it for the full version so I can listen to my Cardinals? I called support at MLB and they couldn't help me. If I hit the bar on the app that says to get the full version, it takes me to AppWorld and there is no way to pay for it, of course. Help a dull witted fan listen to his favorite team.
    03-09-12 01:11 PM
    Spoke to MLB this morning. They are not developing for BB anymore. The application issues last year that resulted from so many different BB OS platforms 4,5,&6 was further compounded by OS 7 and 7.1 this year. Too many issues, too hard to develop for, no support from RIM = no MLB on blackberry this year. You can't blame MLB, RIM can't even get a theme studio out for it's own devices, how can you expect MLB to want to jump through their hoops.
    03-09-12 01:23 PM
    Eventually they will get....

03-09-12 01:24 PM
    Email these addresses:

mlbexecutiverelations at website.mlb.com
    help at rim.com
    MLBNetworkPR at mlb.com

Sorry I could post the email addresses properly, this forum won't allow email addresses until you have a certain number of postings (odd?)

I started my email campaign today to complain about the lack of Blackberry support. I will re-email every morning. I will also start calling every day on Monday.

I am also emailing my favorite teams to tell them why I will no longer be able to listen to them.

I encourage everyone to do the same.
    tprime likes this.
    03-10-12 11:39 AM
    tried out at bat 12 lite. works perfectly. video, etc etc. dont see any problems/crashes. so id suppose the full version would work.

not sure if im allowed to attach it but i did so

Ran the DDPB Installer. It said it was installed, but nothing on the PB. I've installed several of the .bar files with the DDPB Installer everyone worked just fine, just not this one. Will give it another try.
    03-16-12 05:27 PM
    Everything works in the app except for MLB.TV. This won't happen until MLB Media decides they want to add the PlayBook to its list of supported devices, which I think we all know won't happen. So SimpleBrowser it is!
    03-16-12 06:32 PM
    Now that they have the official app for bb phones I sure hope they have one for the playbook..
    03-23-12 01:10 PM
    Does anyone has a MLB At Bat 12 version that supports video?
    03-29-12 06:16 AM
    Does anyone has a MLB At Bat 12 version that supports video?
    If you sideload MLB At Bat lite, and then enter your account info it SHOULD then convert to premium and let you watch the games. An MLB.tv subscription required of course.
    03-29-12 08:12 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD