I was missing the video chat app and youtube app in 1.8. I updated this morning to 2.0 hoping it would be there and I find that I was missing the video store app, youtube app (still) and video chat. I did a security wipe and re installed the update via desktop manager, the music store came back but the other apps are still missing anyone know how to fix this?

I'm in Canada, Toronto
    02-21-12 03:01 PM
    Video Store app is currently available for US only. You should not have any issues for other apps you mentioned.
    02-21-12 03:18 PM
    Oh thx i didn't know that, however i want my youtube app it disappeared when i downgraded from OS 2.0 beta to 1.8 now it's still gone after the official 2.0 update this morning
    Last edited by Torresr; 02-21-12 at 04:35 PM.
    02-21-12 04:31 PM
    Video Store app is currently available for US only. You should not have any issues for other apps you mentioned.
    I'm at work right now, and haven't had the time to update the Playbook, but from reading other threads, apparently the main app list is compiled of 2 pages now...Someone correct me if I'm wrong because this is only from reading other posts. If so, you may find those missing apps in the second page.
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    I have the same issue in Vancouver. I did a clean wipe before upgrading to OS2 official....now no more video chat, youtube, music store, podcast, kobo...... what have I done wrong????? this really su=ks and I have no idea what to do.....
    02-23-12 01:04 AM
    There was a thread on people missing the video chat. In the end RIM said it was related to the router or internet provider not providing the location of the IP, so it doesn't know where you are in regards to country specific/licensed apps. The solution was to try the update from a different router.

I am not sure about this, but if it was like the problems with people missing apps on OS2 Beta, if you fix the problem (different internet source in this case) and then check for updates, the missing apps will be downloaded. If that doesn't work, you may need to do a security wipe or a debrick while on the new internet source. Backup your PlayBook first if doing debrick or security wipe.
    02-23-12 07:13 AM
    I'm trying to get my hands on the bar files for Blackberry Music, Blackberry Podcast and Blackberry Video so anyone can install it.
    Torresr likes this.
    02-23-12 07:43 AM
    yes, did a security wipe and re-upgraded OS2 at work. It did the job!
    thx!!!
    02-23-12 10:38 AM
    So it seems that allot of people are having success using a different isp and doing a security wipe followed by a re-upgrade. But I still find it strange because while still on the same ips when i updated I had music store but when I did a security wipe my music store disappeared.

If anyone else has success using a different isp please post it up. I still need to tried this method for myself.
    Last edited by Torresr; 02-23-12 at 01:27 PM.
    02-23-12 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD