hello,
    am i missing something? I have updated to beta 2.0 6149, hoping to mess about with the android player. I have switched on developer mode, but there is no icon at all for the android player. I am sure I have just missed something basic, but dont know what, any help appreciated, thanks.
    I am a new playbook owner, one of the many who bought in the sales. The specs for that price, and the promise of more apps in feb swayed me.
    01-09-12 07:00 AM
    No there is no icon. You need to load Android applications manually via DDPB:

BlackBerry + Android, and thank you DDPB Installer | File Archive Haven
    01-09-12 07:06 AM
    hello,
    am i missing something? I have updated to beta 2.0 6149, hoping to mess about with the android player. I have switched on developer mode, but there is no icon at all for the android player. I am sure I have just missed something basic, but dont know what, any help appreciated, thanks.
    I am a new playbook owner, one of the many who bought in the sales. The specs for that price, and the promise of more apps in feb swayed me.
    The android player is built onto the os. In app world start with a app called allapps, it will allow you to see email and settings. Also look up Handster in search as these are some of the android apps in appworld or search android for other android apps. Hope this helps in getting you started
    Last edited by solsticegt1; 01-09-12 at 07:14 AM.
    01-09-12 07:12 AM
    ok brilliant. Watched the vids on the earlier releases, and it was an app. Thanks a lot for the advice, and suggestions guys, and the quick responses!
    01-09-12 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD