I think this app is really going to be good. I would like to know if you plan on letting this app use the bridge so I can stream music using my BB phone when I dont have WiFi??? Also I was wondering how hard it would be to include some news feeds into the streaming?
    Not familiar with the bridge, so can't say. But if it's possible, then why not
    07-09-11 11:11 AM
    I think the SDK doesnt allow to use the bridge functions. You'd have to use tethering.
    Well I think it might, I know poynt uses it and so does Blackberry News so I think it is in the SDK.
    07-09-11 12:23 PM
    Downloaded the file on my PB, has not appeared as an app, exists as a .bar file in Downloads which I cannot access...

Please give me clear advice for dummies folks:

1. Is this app running on your PB?
    2. How did you make it work?
    3. If does not run onPB, what are you doing?

Many thanks to ye
    07-09-11 07:00 PM
    app with potential so far. my main issue is that when playing a song it doesnt proceed or advance to the next track. my wish list would be a playlist or shuffle mode and i would like to start the app up and push play from genre

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 08:43 PM
    Downloaded the file on my PB, has not appeared as an app, exists as a .bar file in Downloads which I cannot access...

Please give me clear advice for dummies folks:

1. Is this app running on your PB?
    2. How did you make it work?
    3. If does not run onPB, what are you doing?

Many thanks to ye
    you need to side load the app using a PC. This link will help you http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...indows-619796/
    07-10-11 05:52 AM
    this is a nice app. One thing i have noticed though is i search for an artist select an album it will list for example 14 tracks but i can only play 3 or 4 of them.
    The problem now is that I don't yet have enough streaming sources. If app gets approved I'll add more ASAP.

app with potential so far. my main issue is that when playing a song it doesnt proceed or advance to the next track. my wish list would be a playlist or shuffle mode and i would like to start the app up and push play from genre
    Tags, radio streams and moods are in "todo" list
    07-11-11 02:46 AM
    I've had a chance to look over the code and it is nice and neat and easy to follow, good job!

Maybe make a settings page where you can edit and remove streaming sources from within the app? Of course with a "default settings" button in case people delete them by accident. Would make it much more versatile for the end user also.

I need to get Tortoise GIT installed (currently only have SVN), and then get this loaded into flash builder. Would be fun to tinker and add the stream source screen myself.
    07-11-11 03:14 AM
    my internet speed dropped when i listening to music any suggestions?
    07-11-11 02:16 PM
    C'mon RIM approve!!!
    07-11-11 08:54 PM
    C'mon RIM approve!!!
    to give ya an idea on the leadtimes at appworld, i submitted a few themes a few days before this was posted, and they just got approved, so could be a few days yet. id also add that of course themes have not alot to check, whereas this uses 3rd party info and streams audio so could be a little more `rigorous` in the checking (i.e to ensure copyright isnt broken etc.).

and before anyone even gets down the `oh thats taking forever` road, i have had a theme (yup a theme, not even an app) in `awaiting approval` with AT+T for TEN weeks, yup, thats right, two and a half months, so a week and a bit (which is appworlds norm) is quite ok.
    07-11-11 09:46 PM
    Just got a reply from App World reviewers - they want me to confirm Digital Right for music I stream (which I obviously don't have, because I stream from web sources) or leave only soundcloud inside. So, I'm gonna go with only soundcloud inside and if it's approved after it, i'll add "Plugins market" inside of app or something. Hopefully it'll be ok.
    07-12-11 03:25 AM
    Will it stream .pls files inputted by the user?

07-12-11 04:32 AM
    Will it stream .pls files inputted by the user?
    We can try to do this, sure
    07-12-11 04:41 AM
    nice interesting and very informative post, thanks for sharing.
    ======
    web design
    07-12-11 05:03 AM
    Just got the mail from review team - app has been accepted but only with SoundCloud plugin bundled. However I has added ability to load plugins from folder so you can grab more plugins on github page.
    App should be available in store in nearest 24 hours!
    rsxsniper likes this.
    07-18-11 07:26 AM
    Just got the mail from review team - app has been accepted but only with SoundCloud plugin bundled. However I has added ability to load plugins from folder so you can grab more plugins on github page.
    App should be available in store in nearest 24 hours!
    congratshttp://images.crackberry.com/forum_images/smilies/wink.gif
    07-18-11 07:50 AM
    Here's a trick to make app work as it was in testing.
    So, here's what you need to do:
    1. Write your own mp3 provider plugin OR go to this fellow programmer repository and grab swf files from download section there:
    https://github.com/mielofan/Mielopho...ugin/downloads
    https://github.com/mielofan/Mielopho...ugin/downloads
    2. App automatically loads external plugins from /documents/plugins/ folder, so just drop these plugins (file.swf) into that folder (create it if you don't have it)
    3. restart Mielophone and check in options if new plugins loaded correctly
    4. enjoy new music
    07-19-11 07:14 AM
    Zmusic Plug swf doesn't want to download either on my playbook or my pc it just sits there the other one works fine.
    07-20-11 12:01 PM
    Zmusic Plug swf doesn't want to download either on my playbook or my pc it just sits there the other one works fine.
    Try right clicking and pressing save as, that worked for me.

Is it easy to make your own mp3 provider plugins or does it require quite a bit of work/knowledge to do? Also it would be great if a filter/exclude box could be added for the song search. Ex. search for "Sex On Fire", exclude "Remix"
    Last edited by kpd001; 07-20-11 at 01:13 PM.
    07-20-11 12:47 PM
    Bad luck for me...
    I cannot download either plugin. Tried IE and FF and PB browsers. Save as does not work. Any other way of getting these plugins? Dropbox maybe??

Cheers!
    07-20-11 01:04 PM
    I downloaded plugins from playbook by long tap -> save as ..
    Worked fine for me. Hope that helps
    07-20-11 04:39 PM
    Well, I must be losing it. :>)
    I can get to the "save link as", press it and nothing happens on the PB.
    Does not work in IE or FF either using "save target as".
    Has anybody tried it as of today? Is it just me?
    07-20-11 06:10 PM
    Just tried it for the first time.. love it, works great.
    Now I'm hopping for a speaker docking station for PB!!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 07-20-11 at 10:23 PM.
    07-20-11 10:20 PM
    Well, I must be losing it. :>)
    I can get to the "save link as", press it and nothing happens on the PB.
    Does not work in IE or FF either using "save target as".
    Has anybody tried it as of today? Is it just me?
    OK, let's make sure u r doing it correct:
    1. open https://github.com/mielofan/Mielophone-Mumburum-Plugin page
    2. tap on "downloads" button
    3. popup will appear
    4. tap and hold on MumburumPlugin.swf
    5. select save link as
    6. now you have this swf file in downloads
    7. open file manager
    8. create folder /documents/plugins/
    9. move downloaded swf from downloads to new folder
    10. that's it
    canuckvoip likes this.
    07-21-11 05:19 AM
    Wow... No matter how I try, it does not let me download that .swf file. On the PB nothing happens.
    On my WinXP IE8, a right click/save target as results in "Internet Explorer cannot download the file MumburumPlugin.swf from Github.com. The site was not found. Make sure the address is correct, and try again."

I even tried removing my anti-virus, and I wouldn't think it was an IE8 issue because it doesn't work in FF either.
    Strange... but I want to thank you for trying to help me out! Any way to email it to me? dmatthews at digitel dot ca

Cheers,
    07-21-11 12:27 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD