Hey, lads!
    I'm finished developing first version of Mielophone - free, open source, minimalistic app for music search and streaming. It's now in the App World.
    Here's a small screencast about it:
    You can follow the updates at:
    mielophone (mielophone) on Twitter
    Mielophone on Tumblr
    Mielophone | Facebook

You can also grab the sources (and participate in development!) at github: https://github.com/mielophone

To get more music (not remixes) follow these steps:
    1. Write your own mp3 provider plugin OR go to this fellow programmer repository and grab swf files from download section there:
    https://github.com/mielofan/Mielopho...ugin/downloads
    https://github.com/mielofan/Mielopho...ugin/downloads
    2. App automatically loads external plugins from /documents/plugins/ folder, so just drop these plugins (file.swf) into that folder (create it if you don't have it)
    3. restart Mielophone and check in options if new plugins loaded correctly
    4. enjoy new music
    Last edited by yamalight; 07-19-11 at 07:32 AM.
    RWD likes this.
    07-06-11 01:37 PM
    Awesome! So do you have a bar file we can try while we wait for AppWorld approval? I see source code on the linked website but wondered if you had a compiled bar file we could quickly install and try?

Thanks!
    07-06-11 02:01 PM
    hm.. okay, here's one I'd submitted for review: https://github.com/downloads/mieloph...hone_v1.0a.bar
    hopefully that doesn't breaks any agreements with app world
    kariakoo likes this.
    07-06-11 02:07 PM
    hm.. okay, here's one I'd submitted for review: https://github.com/downloads/mieloph...hone_v1.0a.bar
    hopefully that doesn't breaks any agreements with app world
    Looks good, dude! I see that there is a feature in the app to provide feedback also.. Get to testing, Crackberry Nation!!

Thanks, yamalight! This app looks awesome!

Where do the streams come from?
    07-06-11 02:16 PM
    Where do the streams come from?
    All over the internet
    There's a plugin system for streams implemented and few plugin sources also available in github
    07-06-11 02:22 PM
    Cool! Can listen to music and read my epubs with playepub. Superb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 02:37 PM
    wow. enjoying it so far.
    07-06-11 02:41 PM
    any problem reports and suggestions are very appreciated!
    07-06-11 02:55 PM
    Anyone else having problems getting the streams to play consistently? Mine are all cutting in and out every 10-12 seconds or so. My network connection at home is relatively quick for music streaming. Speedtest.net on my PB browser is currently showing a 33ms ping time and 9.41 Mbps download speeds. But for some reason no song plays more than a few seconds before it cuts out and seems to be buffering more..

Yamalight, I know you know that I already filed an "issue" on Github, but I thought I'd ask for feedback from other users here in case someone else was seeing the same issue but didn't feel like registering at Github in order to report it.

So Crackberry Nation, am I the only one having this issue?

Thanks!
    BKillar likes this.
    07-06-11 03:00 PM
    Streaming works fine here.
    it is not a playlist yet, you have to go to the next number yourself if you want to listen to the next song.

is it possible to show the year the album was brought out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 03:08 PM
    I am interested in the open source development. But I don't want to buy tools for it.
    07-06-11 03:09 PM
    it is not a playlist yet, you have to go to the next number yourself if you want to listen to the next song.
    Actually it should switch to next song automatically >_> Will look into it.

is it possible to show the year the album was brought out?
    Yup. I'm actually thinking now about providing more info on albums and artists (because I actually receive much more that I display )

I am interested in the open source development. But I don't want to buy tools for it.
    You don't need to. This project can be compiled using AIR+Flex SDK only.
    07-06-11 03:25 PM
    Nice! I'll have to look into this later tonight when I have some time. (Kinda making a reminder for myself with the post)

yamalight, that's awesome that you posted the AS3 code up on github as well. I'll most likely dig around in it, and if you need some help or a maintainer I might be able to donate some time to helping out with the project. I'll ask if you're open to it once I've had a chance to look it all over and such, or you can tell me to pissah now if you'd like to keep the core project to yourself.

Love seeing the devs coming out of the woodwork here in the last week or so. Planning on starting some development of a few apps as well myself. Some for work, some for everyone else out there.
    07-06-11 05:23 PM
    Really enjoying it so far. Nice job!
    07-06-11 05:49 PM
    Looks great - may have to install before app world - so busy
    -
    07-06-11 11:45 PM
    I'll most likely dig around in it, and if you need some help or a maintainer I might be able to donate some time to helping out with the project. I'll ask if you're open to it once I've had a chance to look it all over and such, or you can tell me to pissah now if you'd like to keep the core project to yourself.
    Sure, I'm always pro new ppl in projects
    BKillar likes this.
    07-07-11 03:29 AM
    Yama -

Great app. Sideloaded this a few hours ago and have found a bunch of great music. Now to include a music record feature that allows you to capture the music as it plays for those times you do not have a wifi connection. I admit I recorded a few tracks with the native voice recorder just to try it out.
    Anyway, great app, should be a hit in App World.
    I will keep wringing it out and let provide some constructive feedback - now back to the Arctic Monkeys......
    07-07-11 07:13 PM
    Feedback -

- Wide selection of content and a great app. I have shown a few folks tonight and it was well received.

-Search is a major part of the user experience so worth note - when you select the return arrow (<) following a selection after a search, it returns to the default Top Artist page rather than the previous page which of course would be the results of your search. Minor but helpful

-bookmark, favorites or playlists of some sort would be great

-integration of the Playbook +/- and play/pause button (like the native music player)

-Once an album is selected and you press play the music seems to skip around

-Seems to pause or stop at the end of some songs (I will have to pay more attention and quantify this)

I am sure these are all things you are aware - just a few things to consider. Thank you again for making this app.
    07-07-11 09:38 PM
    - Wide selection of content and a great app. I have shown a few folks tonight and it was well received.

-Search is a major part of the user experience so worth note - when you select the return arrow (<) following a selection after a search, it returns to the default Top Artist page rather than the previous page which of course would be the results of your search. Minor but helpful

-bookmark, favorites or playlists of some sort would be great

-integration of the Playbook +/- and play/pause button (like the native music player)

-Once an album is selected and you press play the music seems to skip around

-Seems to pause or stop at the end of some songs (I will have to pay more attention and quantify this)

I am sure these are all things you are aware - just a few things to consider. Thank you again for making this app.
    Noted. Thanks for feedback
    07-08-11 04:05 PM
    I'm just curious to know when was this sent to App world so we could directly install it from there once it gets approved?

This seems like a great app.
    07-08-11 08:07 PM
    looks nice, thanx
    07-08-11 11:27 PM
    I'm just curious to know when was this sent to App world so we could directly install it from there once it gets approved?

This seems like a great app.
    At the day of first post about it here Hopefully, they'll approve it soon
    07-09-11 04:55 AM
    this is a nice app. One thing i have noticed though is i search for an artist select an album it will list for example 14 tracks but i can only play 3 or 4 of them.
    07-09-11 08:34 AM
    I think this app is really going to be good. I would like to know if you plan on letting this app use the bridge so I can stream music using my BB phone when I dont have WiFi??? Also I was wondering how hard it would be to include some news feeds into the streaming?
    07-09-11 09:40 AM
    I think this app is really going to be good. I would like to know if you plan on letting this app use the bridge so I can stream music using my BB phone when I dont have WiFi??? Also I was wondering how hard it would be to include some news feeds into the streaming?
    I think the SDK doesnt allow to use the bridge functions. You'd have to use tethering.
    07-09-11 09:52 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD