It seems Microsoft have confirmed Microsoft Office for the iPad

Microsoft Office for iPad Incoming

I'd like to see this on the Playbook, Docs to Go is dire!
    11-30-11 05:25 AM
    I'm not a fan of Microsoft Office but I can see the logic behind this decision. Absolute potential to make some serious money!

I wish Libreoffice would come to the Playbook!
    11-30-11 05:38 AM
    It is the one thing missing from every mobile device unless you RDP into a real desktop. Not a single application out there does a good job of editing Office documents, even Docs to Go. Actually if RIM would beef up Docs to Go on a tablet it would be awesome. Docs to Go does the best option of turn documents without messing them up, but even it messes them up at times. The more complex, the worse it gets. I don't get how my tablet can be 2x faster than my laptop of 10 years ago, but no one has put software on it to edit these docs correctly? They could beat MS to the punch, but most would go with a true MS product when it comes out if they get it right.
    11-30-11 06:41 AM
    GameChanger right here.

I wonder why is MS making Office for iOS. They could have kept this for Windows tablets. They would have taken the entire market on that alone.

I know MS has to develop Office for MacOS, but I didn't know that the contract extended to iOS.
    11-30-11 07:29 AM
    I know MS has to develop Office for MacOS, but I didn't know that the contract extended to iOS.
    I doubt it does. This has to do with potential sales to large number of iOS devices deployed, and probably fight off Pages, Keynote and Numbers that you can get on the iPad from gaining any traction. RIM should be working with Microsoft to get us Office on BBX instead of Bing Maps. I mean Steve Balmer did show at BBW and talk about all this new collaboration between RIM and M$.
    11-30-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD