Hi all,
    First off i apologies if this has been posted many times before, i did do a search on a few keywords but got nothing back of this nature.

Is anyone else finding the native email\messages app a bit pants? I have 4 accounts attached to it, 2 of which are pop. THey stop working and just wont connect and pull down messages after a day or so, i restart fixes it but i dont want to have to do that everyday.
    It just say "unable to connect to server please try again later"

I have a new mail notification in the top left which also seems to be bug\related to it. THe notification is dead and doesnt expand or link me off to my meesages app.

Any ideas guys or other having this problem?

Cheers!
    03-27-12 05:49 PM
    Hmmm, I would maybe try systematically deleting your offending accounts and re-adding them. Might have just been a glitch or something. That's the only advice I can offer!
    03-27-12 07:08 PM
    I sometimes get the dead notifier too and depending on the wifi source I get the connection error with yahoo too but not the others. Not perfect by far, needs a bugfix update.
    03-27-12 07:14 PM
    I've read that pop accounts only work over wifi.
    03-27-12 07:23 PM
    I have issue as well. Only with my pop email. This account does have a certificate issue on some of my other devices where I have to click on accept or something to that manner. There does not appear to be that option with the PB native email app. What works sometimes is to tap on the email envelope and then tap on the account. Then tap on email envelope and pull down to refresh feed. If server error pops I x it out and try again. Sometimes this does it. Otherwise I have to go into accounts settings tap on the pop mail account and when it pops up I hit save and the account refreshes. Unfortunately it never sticks for very long. My web guy where the email account it hosted it looking into any changes he can make. Will repost when I get results one way or another.
    03-27-12 07:44 PM
    I did have to consult google to learn what "PANTS" meant! I can add that to my British expressions like "pissing down rain!"
    MrBugMan likes this.
    03-27-12 08:11 PM
    Had the same problem. Deleting the problem account and the putting it in again and letting the system do the work (let it have some time for this) worked perfectly and no problems since.
    03-27-12 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD