I really have to say this, maybe they released 7 games that look good and high quality.

But they really need to improve their Screenshots, they are not attractive at all, the image size is not even as the PlayBook Screen size.

I hope they read this thread and add better Screenshots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Erandhawa likes this.
    10-12-11 10:14 PM
    Seems like their screenshots don't do their games any justice from what you are saying? Definitely hope they read your post then because I know I myself always look at screens first.

Thanks for the heads up.
    10-12-11 10:24 PM
    here you have some screnshots!!
    10-12-11 10:48 PM
    Wait, what's "GOL"?
    10-12-11 10:51 PM
    Wait, what's "GOL"?
    Spanish for "goal"
    10-12-11 11:21 PM
    I really have to say this, maybe they released 7 games that look good and high quality.

But they really need to improve their Screenshots, they are not attractive at all, the image size is not even as the PlayBook Screen size.

I hope they read this thread and add better Screenshots.

For a second you sounded like you knew what you were talking about. BlackBerry app world only allows for specific size screenshots which arent the same aspect ratio as the playbooks screen. This means the screenshots must be square due to BlackBerries request. The quality of screenshots may however be improved, but the size may not.
    10-13-11 02:20 AM
    But look at Dead Space screenshots they are the same size as the screen

10-13-11 02:31 AM
    My message to gameloft would be 'thank you'.

Oh and 'here's some of my money.'
    elle-ade likes this.
    10-13-11 05:34 AM
    For a second you sounded like you knew what you were talking about. BlackBerry app world only allows for specific size screenshots which arent the same aspect ratio as the playbooks screen. This means the screenshots must be square due to BlackBerries request. The quality of screenshots may however be improved, but the size may not.
    Actually, not entirely true. AppWorld allows a MAXIMUM resolution of 640x640, so it looks like GameLoft decided to fit to the max size. They could make screen shots of 640x375, which would be the correct ratio for the PB screen.
    unome12333 likes this.
    10-13-11 07:29 AM
    For a second you sounded like you knew what you were talking about, but then I looked at the screen shots for Keep Up, KickBlip, International Snooker, Sling Golf, Bowling, Hoops, Gone Fishing, ....... the list goes on and on. I dare say MOST of the games show images that appear formatted for the PlayBook screen.
    10-13-11 07:43 AM
    Actually, not entirely true. AppWorld allows a MAXIMUM resolution of 640x640, so it looks like GameLoft decided to fit to the max size. They could make screen shots of 640x375, which would be the correct ratio for the PB screen.
    Just as EA did for their games, making it better looking, more attractive.

10-13-11 07:45 AM
    My message to gameloft would be 'thank you'.

Oh and 'here's some of my money.'
    Nicely done!
    jmarkey77 likes this.
    10-13-11 11:08 AM
    Might I also add that GAMELOFT IS notorious for deleting reviews on AppWorld.

They make good games but as a consumer when I provide feedback about the game so other PB users know what they are buying, Gameloft decides to delete my review. Not the right way to conduct business.
    10-13-11 02:59 PM
    you are, of course, correct, 640px by 640px is the max, but thats all it is, personally my images (which fit right) are 640x374, i do have to agree with the OP, the screenshots are what people view, naturally alot of the `that looks awesome` comes from a good pic. one that doesnt fit the screen size of the device your using does make it a little less impressive.
    10-13-11 05:13 PM
    you are, of course, correct, 640px by 640px is the max, but thats all it is, personally my images (which fit right) are 640x374, i do have to agree with the OP, the screenshots are what people view, naturally alot of the `that looks awesome` comes from a good pic. one that doesnt fit the screen size of the device your using does make it a little less impressive.
    I almost didn't buy N.O.V.A 2 because I got the impression from the screen shot that it was only going to use the center square of my Playbook screen. I did buy it once I confirmed that wasn't the case. They really should scale the screenshots properly so people won't be confused about what they will get when they purchase.

And kudos to Gameloft for making all the great games available on the Playbook. I'm loving it!
    Alt-F4 likes this.
    10-14-11 10:05 AM
    The other message that should be sent to Gameloft is that they need to recognize that they do support the Playbook in that they have released seven games for this platform so far.

I swear that Gameloft's own employees; their own website; and whoever is running their twitter feed are in complete denial that any games have been released for the Playbook as neither one of these people/groups have acknowledged their products being available.

Case in point, an hour ago, roughly, Gameloft just put out a tweet that said "There are many tablets out there...which is on your wish list this year? Would you go with #ios or #Android?

Naturally I responded by saying "neither, I would chose #playbook". If your following their twitter account, please do the same. Let them know that there are people out there with a Playbook. Maybe then they will realize that some of their games have come out for the Playbook.
    11-21-11 05:25 PM
    Im glad gameloft put out these games for us the screenshots didnt really detur me I guess I youtubed the games before i bought them anyhow but ONE thing I wish they would incorperate into the fps games modern combat and n.o.v.a is gyroscope controlls!!! I dont see any other playbook owners complaining about this and I have gotten quite use to the forced templates for online play but like the ipod versions i think being able to hone in my crosshairs via moving the actual playbook would save my thumbs and make for a much better expierence !! or even just add the custom control layout option to multiplayer? u can do it in single player! sorry if it sounds like im a hater lol I do love the GL games on the playbook and would most likely buy more if they plan to release em
    11-21-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD