Worked on this sporadically over the last long long time and I finished it up for app submissions for a free playbook. Of course they rejected it and all but oh well :P

Heres the source for the app. I believe you will have to compile/sign yourself. I wont put up an apk today but I will tell you that the app needs work. It was finished in a hurry and it works but this is what gets made when you need to add controls, fix emulator logic, and have never made an application using anything other than command prompt as a front end. Enjoy the source codes I guess :P

(If the source contains weird comments to myself it's because I was still learning a great huge bit of c++ WHILE coding this )

https://github.com/meltbox360/MeltChip

NOTE: GITHUB IS EVIL just imo
    03-11-12 12:29 AM
    Damn nice work!! Why did they reject it?
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-11-12 01:07 AM
    Here we go:

Must Have Applications for Side-Loading | File Archive Haven

Added you to my emulator list for the PB Not sure how to load other roms (need to be compiled into it maybe?). People who want the latest release as a BAR, grab it here: http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...8-1_0_2_16.bar
    03-11-12 01:45 AM
    Why did it get rejected?
    Just wondering...
    03-11-12 09:35 AM
    Dear App World Vendor,

We are sorry but your request for 'Chip8 Emulator' to be a product in the BlackBerry App World has been denied for the following reasons :

- Due to the legalisites surrounding the use of ROMs, BlackBerry App World is not accepting emulator/ROM based games.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter,

Regards,

The BlackBerry App World Team

As for new rom yes it has to be recompiled. You need to change the filepath in main.cpp

It's assigned and then the rom is loaded so all its missing is a gui and loading new roms should not be painful.

EDIT: I would like to point out CHIP8 roms have no legal issues. Sooooo.....
    As a side note I do not support SCHIP8 yet but I will probably add that in eventually. MegaChip I will probably never support but if someone has the time :P
    Anyways I don't think the MegaChip standard is even done yet.

EDIT2: I just sent a support request to see if they will accept it. Chip8 is a programming language not someones intellectual property.
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 03-11-12 at 01:55 PM.
    03-11-12 01:40 PM
    Also kermed, I will change the source to allow loading your own roms however since there is no real touch controls as everything is hacked together with sdl I will have to leave it at one rom at a time for now. Working on the thing but possix is my worst enemy. Cannot for my life get timers to work and I need that because right now timers are the most hacky part of the whole thing :P

Dependencies to compile:
    SDL, xml2 (i think thats what it was), libpng, touchcontroloverlay, maybe more I'll look into what exactly I did this week...
    03-11-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD